• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

3 weeks of seperation and...

Shel

Warren Scout
I just wanted to share my excitement with you. After 3 weeks of keeping my 2 pairs of bunnies seperated with a partition, swapping them over everday, today we finally had success in the garden!! They still have some issues to sort out...but I am very positive. I am afraid Laura was camera shy.
08112008208.jpg

08112008219.jpg

08112008221.jpg

:wave: Hi Shell! Fat Fluffs' Abi here! So lovely to see pics of your buns and to hear that the bonding is going well :) Shame Laura wasn't in the pics but Kirsty looks happy :)

:wave: Hi Shell! Fat Fluffs' Abi here! So lovely to see pics of your buns and to hear that the bonding is going well :) Shame Laura wasn't in the pics but Kirsty looks happy :)

I know! I decided not to photograph them at the start cause I just needed to watch them carefully at first, as they were sorting out their issues. By the time i got the camera out, Laura had found a quiet place by the tumble dryer outlet...I think it was just warmer there. :)
So far its been less agressive then my first bonding so I am holding onto hope. We are working in the shed today because the weather is bad and will post some piccies of Laura later.:D
:wave: I have to thank Jane though for all her support and advice through this :D

I was feeling bad that Laura was not in the photos so I caught her outside today. I am a bit worried though as she seems to oblivious to all this bonding, almost a little confused. She just seems to hid away a bit when the rabbits are all outside, and just shys away when they come close at times. Other times she is happily feeding on the grass with the rest of them.
DSC00389.jpg

DSC00395.jpg

'Update' Just been in the shed with them for an hour. Kirsty is mostly ok with Phoebe and Casey. However she is a bit jumpy when they come near her. Laura is mostly just running away :( I hope this will change.
When should i trust them on their own?

Back