• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ellie's New Friend

lopears

Warren Scout
Hello
Our dwarf lop Ellie has a new friend, a lionhead called Billy.:D They are both about 8 months old. We've rehomed Billy from a friend who no longer wants him:(. We've been bonding them since 9am. We've had them playing next to each other all week and they can see each other from their own hutches. They are getting on well (I'm worried that it's all going too smoothly!).

They are eating from the same food bowl but have not groomed each other yet. Should we try them in the same hutch tonight or keep them inside? (They are both outdoor bunnies).

Fingers crossed for us!:D
I've just tried adding photos - got some lovely ones - but haven't managed:oops:

Hello
Our dwarf lop Ellie has a new friend, a lionhead called Billy.:D They are both about 8 months old. We've rehomed Billy from a friend who no longer wants him:(. We've been bonding them since 9am. We've had them playing next to each other all week and they can see each other from their own hutches. They are getting on well (I'm worried that it's all going too smoothly!).

They are eating from the same food bowl but have not groomed each other yet. Should we try them in the same hutch tonight or keep them inside? (They are both outdoor bunnies).

Fingers crossed for us!:D
I've just tried adding photos - got some lovely ones - but haven't managed:oops:

Hope things continues to go smoothly! Try this page www.tinypic.com to upload pics. Just upload them there and copy the link for forums! :D

Aw Joanne!
Congrats!

Are you keeping them in house during the bond together? How long they been together now? How do they seem?

This should help you work out whether they are ready?

Oh, is he neutered? :oops::D

Ellie's new friend - photo & update

261c5t1.jpg

Hope the above link takes you to a photo!!

They're getting on really well, they've been together 17 hours - we kept them in kitchen last night so I could keep an eye on them and put them in same hutch at 9am today. They are cuddled up together and seem fine!

Billy is neutered.

It's lovely to see them together, Billy keeps lifting Ellie's ear up so he can shuffle up underneath it next to her. Bless him, I think he is the boss and the happier of the two at moment.

Joanne

Thanks - Texas

Thanks Texas, I've now managed to add one photo! One at a time - it's early days for me!

Back