• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Lily is back at the vets :(( UPDATE...she is being operated on now :( NEW UPDATE.!

ChloeLawless

Mama Doe
she is just not right at all :cry:

they think it could be a thickened bladder..she keeps straining to wee but can't.

she was fine last night and getting better and now this. i am so worried..i just keep on crying, i hate her being ill. i wish i knew what was wrong.

has anyone else had a bunny with this problem?

:(

Last edited:
I'm so sorry hun! It's awful when buns get poorly! I've never had this problem before but I'm sending her loads of vibes! At least shes seeing a vet! x

I'm sorry Hun I haven't had this problem but sending mega healing vibes Lily's way and a big hug for you.

Thank you both huns.

she dosen't have a temp so i guess thats a small blessing.
they said they're going to give her pain reliefe and hopefuly get her more comfertable. I am just praying she dosen't have to stay in over night :(

Sounds as though she has a build up of calcium deposits in her bladder. This forms a thick sludge which is difficult to pass. It eventually irritates the bladder wall causing cystitis. The Vets should be able to help her by giving her pain relief and antibiotics. She may need her bladder flushing (done under GA) plus fluid therapy to dilute her wee as much as possible. She will also require dietry modification-ie reducing her intake of calcium.

Hope she is soon feeling much better :)

Sounds as though she has a build up of calcium deposits in her bladder. This forms a thick sludge which is difficult to pass. It eventually irritates the bladder wall causing cystitis. The Vets should be able to help her by giving her pain relief and antibiotics. She may need her bladder flushing (done under GA) plus fluid therapy to dilute her wee as much as possible. She will also require dietry modification-ie reducing her intake of calcium.

Hope she is soon feeling much better :)

Thanks hun, I have just had a read up about this, and I think you are right. I am going to ask the vet later to give me a good diet to set her so this dosen't happen again.
She was doing so well aswell :(
do you think she'll have to be kept in all night?

One of mine has had this, he was on Science Selective at the time which I now believe is higher in calcium than some other pellets (now on Oxbow). Some of the things that are high in calcium are carrot tops, spinach, kale, some dark cabbage - I only give these in limited amounts now.

Hope Lily is OK and is more comfortable soon.

One of mine has had this, he was on Science Selective at the time which I now believe is higher in calcium than some other pellets (now on Oxbow).

I was just weaning my bun on to the SS diet, didn't realise it was higher in calcium! Maybe I should consider the Oxbow Pellet :?

The vet has called, she says she has a blockage but they aren't sure weather its her bladder or her gut but she is in a lot of pain even with pain killers :(

they are opening her up now.

our vet is amazing and is only charging us for her anasthetic and meds, and they are doing it now while they are closed. I know she is in amazing hands but obviously still worried about my baby :(

special vibes for Lily? :(:(

xx

another call...she has a ruptured membrane over her intestines and its caused a hole and a blockage.

the nurse has called me and has told me it may not be good news :(:(:(:(

i am terrified..my baby is dying :(

Omg I didnt expect to come on and read this.Sending mega healing vibes Lilys way and a big hug for you

thank you i didnt expect it either..i just duno what to expect..im shaking as i type this..i cant even bear the thought of losing her :(

Back