• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cecotroph city.. Excel Forage?

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
I have 2 new baby buns mini lops 10wks old. They are pooing for England all over the place! But the amount of cecotrophs is huge one pile was half the size of my palm!!! I was given a bag of their pellets to help wean them over to the Excel junior dwarf which I have and I have excel supa forage! I've read the other threads on this and there seemed to be debate over wether the supa forage caused it?! I'm only feeding 2oz of pellets a day! I'm going to try timothy hay instead but I just needed to know can excess cecotrophs be a sign of something more sinister? Thanks!

I think you should consider 1st gradually switchng them off the junior and on to an adult pellet. That is the most likely cause of the excess. The superforage should be ok but you might want to add some good quality meddow hay in as well to increase the fibre content and also reduce your costs. Buns should have unlimitted hay & usually eat roughtly 1- 2 times their body size in hay each day & my three would go through £10 a week of forage if only fed that!

A probiotic in their water might also help them to digest food properly and also usually has some fibre in it to help bind their poops up.

Back