• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

nooooo! Mum just said pebble has to go back outisde :'( U/D

Is it ok for pebble to go back outside?

• Yes.

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • No

Votes: 77 92.8%

• Total voters

Mazda

Warren Veteran
She has been inside since the 24th on october! and she has maulted her winter coat off now! :cry: Shes soo happy inside i dont want her to do back out, but mum says she has to!. :cry:

What do you think?? Please post reasons x
i want you all to say she HAS to stay in! No pressure! :p (i will show mum this thread :p i will take out the bit in bold before i show her haha)
:cry:

Last edited:
I would not put her back out, the change in temp will be noticable for the poor bun, i fight the urge to bring mine in for this reason.

Mum... bunny has to stay in now :D

It will be no good for her to go outside now shes been in for a while. It would be like you sleeping outside without your coat on. Shes much better left in the house till it warms up outside. Its not a massive amount of time anyway HTH ;)

I don't think that would be a very good idea at all..she would get too cold. Please do wait until it's warmer if you really can't keep her indoors.

Last edited:
Nope, she should stay in! She wouldn't be able to keep herself warm now. Even with all the bedding possible!

Jack x

I think the change in temperature at this time of year would be very dangerous for Pebble. The weather is reasonably mild but could change at any time to be really cold. She's bound to end up with a respiratory complaint which could mean lots of expensive vet bills. I really wouldn't move her outside at this time of year if I were you...

why is your mum wanting her back outside?

i think cause she was thrashing round her cage at 6 this morning, makeing a hell of a racket, she was beating her hay rack up! :lol: But i let her out and she was fine!! Running round like a loon!!

I just said about temperature change and all that she went.. 'shes got a fur coat!!' :roll:

i think cause she was thrashing round her cage at 6 this morning, makeing a hell of a racket, she was beating her hay rack up! :lol: But i let her out and she was fine!! Running round like a loon!!

I just said about temperature change and all that she went.. 'shes got a fur coat!!' :roll:

But her fur coat is now not thick enough to keep her warm. She could get serious health problems being outside now.:)
Jack x

i can feel ure mums pain slightly honey is soooo noisy in her cage jumps around bites the bars and in thr morning her cage is demolished but i actually think she likes it i used to think it was bcoz she was bored but now i think shes just playing...

The noise can be very frustrating though try putting a towel over her cage at night thats what i done and she seems to know the dark means quiet time lol:)

any chane you could build a pen around the cage the give her more room to run about? then she might not get frustrated when she wants to run.

also i tied my hayrack down cos sorrel used to fling it around in th morning and wake me up!

i can feel ure mums pain slightly honey is soooo noisy in her cage jumps around bites the bars and in thr morning her cage is demolished but i actually think she likes it i used to think it was bcoz she was bored but now i think shes just playing...

The noise can be very frustrating though try putting a towel over her cage at night thats what i done and she seems to know the dark means quiet time lol:)

she only does it in the mornings. :roll: i coverd the cage, and she started pulling the towel in the cage :shock:

Her body and fur has become accustomed to your house temperature, by putting her outside it will throw her completely off. Why can't she stay in until summer?

Having a fur coat is not the same when you've shed your woolly undercoat because you're in a warm house. Tell your mum to go outside at night at this time of year with just her jumper on and no outer coat. Then explain that Pebbles can't just slip on a nice warm jacket over her jumper now she's taken it off from being in he house.

Failing that I suggest tantrums, crying and emotoional blackmail such as "If Pebbles dies of hypothermia, her murder will on your hands!" :lol:

any chane you could build a pen around the cage the give her more room to run about? then she might not get frustrated when she wants to run.

also i tied my hayrack down cos sorrel used to fling it around in th morning and wake me up!

i have a pen, i will probably be able to set it up at night, to connect it to her cage. :) thats a good idea x

Jack-bun. I said that to her... shes haveing none of it :(

i have a pen, i will probably be able to set it up at night, to connect it to her cage. :) thats a good idea x

Jack-bun. I said that to her... shes haveing none of it :(

My Mum is like this:lol: It irritates the life out of mee!

If she is concerned about the noise, is Pebble in your bedroom?

Can your mum hear Pebble?

Jack x

i just found if i let her run riot during the day then she is slightly quieter at night lol but she still loves making noise i try not to feed her alot suring the day and put her food in at bed time so that she eats then sleeps! but sometimes that just doesnt happen:)

awww hun you must stand your ground... her fur coat wont cope if we have an extra cold night.. hope showing your mom this thread will make her see its for pebbles health that she will now have to stay in until spring :(

Back