• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fireworks in our garden tomorrow night - bunnies brought in..

AnnaDelie

Mama Doe
Hi all,

We've decided we're going to buy a couple cages for tomorrow for the buns so we can put them in the cool conservatory while we set light to Delie's (the boyfriends) many many rockets etc he bought yesterday :shock:

I wasn't really up for bringing them in as I'd like them to stay somewhere they know, but the place we stick the fireworks in is around 10-15 feet away and we have alot of family/friends coming over.

I'm expecting them to be a little unsettled in their cages, we're gonna put some of their pellets, hay etc in to distract them, is there anything else that would work?

btw - we tried one of the big rockets earlier - and it is massoooove.. :shock:

My bunnies are terrified of fireworks going off close to them, so yours will probably feel happier in a cage indoors away from the noise and visitors than left outside in all the racket.

(I once had a deaf bunny that never batted an eyelid at fireworks, and some bunnies don't mind them, but mine do.)

Snuggled together in deep hay in a cool quiet place until the fireworks are over will do fine. Don't forget a water supply - both for your bunnies, and for your fence if the big rocket accidentally catches it alight...... :lol:

We've decided we're going to buy a couple cages for tomorrow for the buns so we can put them in the cool conservatory while we set light to Delie's (the boyfriends) many many rockets etc he bought yesterday :shock:

Be aware that if you put your rabbits in the conservatory, they will still see the flashes and the sound of the bangs will not really be dampened that much. You will probably need to cover their cages with thick blankets or a duvet. If your conservatory is away from the fireworks, putting a light on will probably be enough.

My lot hate fireworks, so they are in the hall, which is quite cool.

Mine came in on the actual day, 5th.
They were really unsettled, and scared, but it was better for them, and some of the fireworks were HUGE! They made me jump!

They went backin into their kennel after though, and were fine.

Hope your buns enjoy it x

Jack:D

Thanks all :) I think I'll put the light on and cover the side of the cages which face the fireworks. Fingers-crossed they'll be alright, but I expect they'll be talking to each other from their cages (gonna seperate each cage by a couple inches).

Thank you x

Back