• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Barney - can't keep doing this

louandjoe

Alpha Buck
Just gone out to feed the buns and Barney was quiet so brought him onto the sofa and his eye was swollen and scratched, and he was wobbley on his feet. Phoned the vets straight away to take him in but he just had a fit and died, just like that :cry::cry::cry: can't keep losing buns like this :cry::cry::cry:

it is such a shock when they go like that myheart goes out to you hun big hugs :(

What a terrible shock.Im so so sorry for you hun.Its awful when you dont know why its happened.Sleep tight beautiful Barney and a big hug for you

I am so sorry, how utterly awful for you. :(:cry: At least he went quickly and wasnt ill for a lengthly period of time. I am thinking of you, hugs xx

I don't understand why it just happened, I thought that he had just scratched his eye. What does it mean when buns have a fit?

I don't understand why it just happened, I thought that he had just scratched his eye. What does it mean when buns have a fit?

Bunnies often fit before they die regardless of the cause :( I was also wondering if you would consider getting a PM done. It might give you some answers to help you come to terms with your sudden loss

I will speak to the vets, I hate having to deal with them out of hours as I can never speak to my normal vet. She arranged the PM on Bella for me, but I dont know if they'll be able to do it now as she's not there and its the weekend?

Back