• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some Vets

kayj

Wise Old Thumper
I took took rescues in yesterday male and female, Male had been castrated at a vets within a pet store (I'll let you guess). When the girl picked him up the advice she got was to keep him away from the female for a week and then you can reintroduce them:shock: that was 3wks ago so what do you think the chances are:roll:

Hmmmmmm good be a good idea for a fundraiser 'lets take bets':?

I don't think the changes are that high actually...depends on how it was done... A good vet removes everything and actually the remaining spermcels are estimated to live max 3 days in that enviroment. Unfortunatley I don't know the technical terms and the exact difference to explain why exactly in english...

Anyway, this doesn't mean you can bond 3 days after castration!!! Better safe then sorry, but I don't think an I sincerely hope you wont have baby bunnys in 2 weeks....

I took took rescues in yesterday male and female, Male had been castrated at a vets within a pet store (I'll let you guess). When the girl picked him up the advice she got was to keep him away from the female for a week and then you can reintroduce them:shock: that was 3wks ago so what do you think the chances are:roll:

Hmmmmmm good be a good idea for a fundraiser 'lets take bets':?

If you know which vets it was, can I suggest you give them a ring. I had an issue with a customer and she told me things a vet had told her concerning rabbit care and I rang the vets to complain. When I spoke to the vet in question, it turned out the woman was basically making it up as she went along.

If they did give out the incorrect information then you can educate them :)

BTW...PM'd you :)

Back