• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Insurance

Amy & Amber

Staff member
We have been sent a letter today...

I am not happy at all, Pet plan wont pay out at all for Noels vets bills. Because we claimed in the first 14 days. Thats maybe because he came to us ill orginally. I am so annoyed! :censored:

Sorry for rant..... There is nothing I can do, insurance is a total waste of time.

I think that's terrible, what's the point of insurance if they won't pay out?, I think you should ask for your money back then and save it, I would just put money away each month for a vet fund

Unfortunately all insurance companies do this, they'll only cover 'accidents' within the first 14 days of a policy starting.... probably because a lot of people will wait for something to happen before taking it out. It really sucks though for people whose pet genuinely falls ill within that period. Can your vet not write a written statement that Noel genuinely fell ill after the policy start date, and appeal....

It's a shame but it's the way it has to be otherwise people would just wait until their animals get ill and then take out the insurance :(

But if he came to you ill wouldn't the people you got him off offer some sort of contribution towards the vet fees as if it is something he had before he came to you and it wasn't picked up on then I see it as only fair after all. Capel as a similar situation at the minute and the rabbits previous owner is footing the bill which is a really nice gesture:D

Back