• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

What is wrong with Joey?? Advice needed!!!Update Still sticky

kerry-123

Mama Doe
Joey still has a sticky bum even after I bathed him, and it smells foul and disgusting =S They have been off veg for five days ever since my bro fed them too much lettuce (while I wasn't there and TOLD HIM NOT TO FEED THEM!!!!!! So very annoied by that) :censored: :evil: and annoied there tummy but Scooch is fine. Is this just what's wrong with Joey??
Has anyone ever experienced this?

He went to he vets and had a lump of feaces removed that I couldn't remove myself it had gotten stuck to him thanks to his sticky bum but it is still sticky...help

Last edited:
Joey still has a sticky bum even after I bathed him, and it smells foul and disgusting =S They have been off veg for five days ever since my bro fed them too much lettuce (while I wasn't there and TOLD HIM NOT TO FEED THEM!!!!!! So very annoied by that) :censored: :evil: and annoied there tummy but Scooch is fine. Is this just what's wrong with Joey??
Has anyone ever experienced this?

Nvm I was doing some research and I think I know what's wrong with him Sigh......

i had this problem with a bunny before....just to be safe get him down the vets so they can checks its nothing serious

i had this problem with a bunny before....just to be safe get him down the vets so they can checks its nothing serious

Yeah he is booked in for five this afternoon, should I bathe him before I go?? Just luke warm water around the sticky area?? Or just leave it?

Leave it as it is, so the vet can see what the problem is.

I went thanks to my brother (read other angry thread) his dirrohea caused him to get a huge matt in his fur that I noticed before I took him up earlier and I couldn't remove it. The vet cut it off and there is no more blockage. I'm so angry with my brother for giving him the runs. I checked Scooch's bum and he seems fine and he's white so anything brown on him would show up easily.

I went thanks to my brother (read other angry thread) his dirrohea caused him to get a huge matt in his fur that I noticed before I took him up earlier and I couldn't remove it. The vet cut it off and there is no more blockage. I'm so angry with my brother for giving him the runs. I checked Scooch's bum and he seems fine and he's white so anything brown on him would show up easily.

Okay now the stickiness is back!! I had to bathe him again just to get some hay and poo off his bum. It's smelly and really annoying because I dont want everything sticking to him! Should I take him back up on Monday?

I would take him back to the vets. I had a similar experience with my bunny Barney not so long ago.

I stopped giving him veg and then put him on just hay for a few days. He seemed healthy and was still eating and drinking and as active as usual. The only sign that there was something wrong was a sticky bottom.

Unfortunately I never took Barney to the vets as apart from the mucky bum he seemed fine but I got up one morning to find he had passed away.

I would take him back just to be on the safe side x

Did the vet give you anything (e.g. a probiotic to sprinkle on his food or put in his water)? Did they say whether he was dehydrated at all? It sounds as if the lettuce has put his tummy out of balance and it might take a while to 'right' itself. I would ring the vet and see what they think, I'm sure they'll say if they think you should take him back, or after talking to you and checking it's the same sticky bum not proper diarrhoea, they might be able to leave something for you to collect without taking your bun along. But you really need to ring them to see what they say.

Good luck, hope he is ok xx

Did the vet give you anything (e.g. a probiotic to sprinkle on his food or put in his water)? Did they say whether he was dehydrated at all? It sounds as if the lettuce has put his tummy out of balance and it might take a while to 'right' itself. I would ring the vet and see what they think, I'm sure they'll say if they think you should take him back, or after talking to you and checking it's the same sticky bum not proper diarrhoea, they might be able to leave something for you to collect without taking your bun along. But you really need to ring them to see what they say.

Good luck, hope he is ok xx

No he said he didn't think he needs treatment....Which I'm not sure about because he can't go on like this. Thanks yeah I will ring them on monday. A friend of mine recommended these http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1178 said it helped her bun..I think I might try them out

What food are you feeding him, I had a problem with one of mine last year for 3-4 months until we changed food to Oxbow. During this time we did take him to the vets to get checked out and had samples analysed. They came back normal and he was ok, except for a couple of weekd in August when it came back for no reason. We gave him fibreplex and it seemed to get him back on track. Would be worth a trip to vet if it is proper diarrhea (sp!) rather than softer than normal poop.

Back