• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

anyone understand my rabbit's weird habit?

wolfbane

New Kit
i've had a house rabbit for about twelve months. she's bril, toilet trained, comes to call, sleeps on bed etc. since about two months after i got her she has followed me whenever i get up, whether its to get a drink, go to loo or whatever.

but she also does this really stange thing where she circles you constantly (whether you're moving or standing still), and she does this low kind of hum/grunt while she does this. it's not like a stressed sound at all, but kinda like a cat purring, just in shorter bursts.

other than when she's doing circles round your feet, she doesn't make these nosies, and being a a house rabbit she runs around plenty-so i don't think its anything to do with over exertion.

i'm just curious to know what this behaviour is all about. do the noises and going in cricles translate into anything in her language? like:

'I'm the boss'
'feed me' or
'i want your attention - NOW!'

or is she just an ickle bunny fruit cake lol?

she lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvves you :love:

she neutered she could be feeling fruity

lol, i do like to fink its cos she loves me.

yeah she is, but that that doesn't seem to stop her feeling fruity anyway...let's put it this way.......sometimes my cat is more than just her best friend (though he's not too impressed by the extra attention on these occasions)

biggles still does the rings round and mounting of my slippers even after his neuter :shock: much to his missus disaproval,

before he got a wife he was rather fond of the neighbours cat in more ways than one:lol:

Both George and Sugar run round and round my legs. I love it but you have to be v careful not to tread on them by accident!

My 9 run in tight circles around me cos they think I have food. I have a boy that has started biting my ankles unless he gets atreat, so that will have to stop:evil:

Daisy does the grunting sound and i used to think she was angry - now i realise she does it when she is excited esp when she hears the fridge door open and I call her - she knows a handfull of greens are coming her way:lol:
I def think its a happy excited noise.

cool....lol, she's actually normal (never thought i'd see the day when i called her that!)

with regards to stepping on her, i've come close a couple of times when she's crept up on me. but always managed to do an excellant impression of a contortionsist and avoid her.........although its not good for my nerves lol

Back