PDA

View Full Version : Run help please!

Becki xX
07-11-2008, 11:35 AM
We were going to have a folding run made because our new garden just couldnt take a permanent one, but the guy we asked to make it basically refused because he said they just werent strong enough to protect the bun. So, we're looking for ideas for a run that can be put together & taken apart easily, but thats strong :? I dont suppose big cable ties would work, holding wooden/weld mesh pannels together? My Dad suggested the same kind of thing that P@H hutches are attached to the legs with - like you slide something into a big hole and pull it down into a smaller hole, which holds it into place? Any ideas? Thankyou xx

abbymarysmokey
07-11-2008, 01:53 PM
I think it depends whether you're going to leave a bun in it whilst you go out? If so it'll need to be strong enough to withstand a fox attack.

When I was living at my parents house (they have a small garden) I used to tip the run up on it's end against a wall when not in use.

clutterydrawer
07-11-2008, 05:35 PM
i made my run in two halves and attached them with T plates and bolts with wing nuts on which made it easy to move about or store. i can draw you a diagram if you want x x