• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

care after spaying???????

angieb

Mama Doe
I am going to get my 2 does spayed after christmas. I have read somewhere that after the op they need to come inside to recover......
My 2 are outside rabbits so what would be best to do as i wouldn't want to bring them in and then they can't go back out? (if that makes sense)
Is it best to wait till summer?????:?

It's a good point.

Do you have anywhere inbetween like a garage or shed?

Perhaps you could turn off the heating in your kitchen or something and keep them in there.

I have a garage but its not close to the house its at the bottom of the garden so i wouldn't be happy with them in there.

The kitchen is a open kitchen/living room.

I think they will have to wait till at least spring.......:?

I bought my two in for a night she seemed so perky and was getting grumpy i thought i'd give her a little play time in the kennel and she was much happier there, but Ghostie is a real fighter.

My two girls stayed a whole week after they were spayed, and this was last december. They were fine. When you put them back out, put them out in the morning on a warmish day, and give them tons of bedding and a snugglesafe for the first few nights, so they can adjust.

Back