• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do rescues Panacur regularly?

raine

Warren Veteran
I notice that members are administering Panacur on a regular basis to asymptomatic bunnies to prevent EC. I haven't as yet used Panacur on any of mine and wonder if I should.

Can I ask whether rescues Panacur all their bunnies as they come in? Also, for long termers in a rescue, would you treat again after the initial treatment?

Hi Lorraine.

I can't ever remember us Panacuring the buns at GF as a preventative measure. We only did it if they had symptoms or unless that particular bun was at risk from exposure to an EC bun.

I don't do mine but am wondering if it would be worthwhile.

Not a Rescue but,,,

I foster for one & they panacur buns for 14 days when they come in & before buns are allowed to use the runs used by everybun else. I do this too seen as how that Rescue gets a request to take buns off me:oops::lol:

My own buns & all my fosters were treated last year for 6 weeks after I lost a foster to EC (he came in before I started treating). I will now be treating my own buns annually for 4 weeks. Any fosters here at that time will also be treated unless they have had a course in the last couple of months:D

I have heard that they can be "over-panacured" but above is on advice of my vet.

I do my rescues when they come in and panacur my own rabbits on a regular basis as rabbits can catch EC through faeces:D. I also ask anybody boarding their rabbits with me they ensure their rabbits have had a course of panacur prior to coming:D

The rescue I'm getting Currant Bun off do theirs routinely when they come in by the sounds of it as she's in the middle of her course and she asked me had Frank been done.

Last edited:
I foster for Lucy (walsall rspca) and all the buns we have in are panacured when they come into us :) When they get rehomed they have an information pack and in it theres a space you can write when they were panacured xXx

i think hopper haven do cus when i bought pearl home Lou sent me away with a tube and a gorgeous bunny :D:D

I panacur all the bunnies coming in for 42 days, call me over protective but I would rather air on the side of caution, with so many coming and going I feel it's really important, with the older bunnies I usually panacur again after 12 months

I panacur every rabbit every 6 months, and recomend that people rehoming from us do the same. Any showing symptoms get a 28 day course, otherwise just a 9 day one.

when i got doc from P@h adoption bit he had worms so i did all my buns, then i was mxing jim with honeys babies and did jim and honey too will be doing the babies when they are a little older, i dont it as a rule, but vetuk.com do panacur for 3.49 ish a box much cheaper than p@h and hell of a lot cheaper than the vets

We do every rabbit for 9 days on arrival and any showing symptoms of ec for 28 days. We reccomend redosing every 6 months.

we used to do ours for 28 days on arrival ...but after researching now do a course of 14 days on arrival ...

any bun with symptoms gets a 6 week course .

Back