• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Teething in Rabbit's..

Isis

Mama Doe
Not sure if this is a silly question, but my 13 week Lionhead seems to be into chewing everything. I'm just wondering if they go through a teething stage like we do?

Edit: I know they get their teeth at a really early age, just wasn't sure if they lose or gain any more?

Last edited:
They just like chewing :/

Has he got plenty of things to chew that you don't mind being destroyed? I but Flopsie Hay and Hides and he stopped trying to eat the carpet :)

I know they like to chew and their teeth constantly growing. I just wasn't sure about young rabbits if they went through a stage of teething. My netherland had a stage where he would chew everything and then seemed to grow out of it.

Is there any chew toy that I could get that wouldn't be harmful to him?

They are born with teeth.... they don't go through a teething process... the chewing is more likely to due to hormones! at that age they tend to become a little bit more destructive and temperamental :lol:

Hehe.. That probably would explain it :D
I think the only thing he hasn't chewed is me, other then he has a thing for nibbling my finger nails :? But he gives me licks :love::love:

i read once that young bunnies chew more to develope thier jaws.. not sure how true it is but it makes sense alvin is loads calmer on the chewing now hes an adult :)

Back