• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Using litter tray as bed >.<

kerry-123

Mama Doe
The boys have now gotten into the annoying habit of using their litter tray as a bed just flopping out and lying in their poo! Which gets into their fur and I have to get out. Joey had ...sawdust that I'm sure he weed on, on his foort I was like eww but did my best to get most of it out. If I put some soft pet bedding in another corner of the cage do you think it would usher them to use that as a bed instead of their litter tray?

i think most buns do it......mine all do and they have more comfy bed options ehich they just ignore!

Mine used to do it too.

See Ernie here:

100_2389.jpg

They gave up sleeping in them when they got too big. They have a small dog basket as a litter tray now during the day and one of the above, just in case they need it at night.

They sleep on carpet tiles - much more comfy:lol::lol:
Now they eat and poo in their litter trays and sleep on their carpet tile.

Perhaps you could do that, and see what happens.

I think it's a bunny thing. I know for sure that I wouldn't choose to sleep on the toilet! (though it has been known for me to sleep on the bathroom floor :oops:)

Yeah they all do it. I think the best thing to do is to have an absorbant layer of stuff on the bottom of the tray and then put a layer of hay on top of that. That way the wee soaks in at the bottom and the hay doesn't soak in it.

I think it's a bunny thing. I know for sure that I wouldn't choose to sleep on the toilet! (though it has been known for me to sleep on the bathroom floor :oops:)

Heheh My husband regularly sleeps on it. Maybe he was a bunny in a past life.

Mine used to do it too.

See Ernie here:

100_2389.jpg

They gave up sleeping in them when they got too big. They have a small dog basket as a litter tray now during the day and one of the above, just in case they need it at night.

They sleep on carpet tiles - much more comfy:lol::lol:
Now they eat and poo in their litter trays and sleep on their carpet tile.

Perhaps you could do that, and see what happens.

Swwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeet!!!:love:

Ernie Says Lola can still be his if she wants him!:love::love::love::love::love::love:

As long as she doesn't bite his bum bum - he's fed up with that now. Mind you, Lola did offer to rub it better earlier!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Alfie and Bubbles eat, sleep, and poo in both their litter trays. A litter tray is multi purpose for them. :lol: BUT, I only use megazorb topped with hay in one tray - and that's what they use to wee in. The other tray is lined with paper, then hay and they don't wee in that one at all. :? Although Bubbles still sometimes likes to wee wherever she likes. :roll::lol:

Hi Womble has only been with us a couple of weeks, we have a wendyhouse with a open plan hutch ( no doors on one side )which he sleeps in all nice a snug, he has got to grips with poo ad wee in the big litter tray and have a small litter tray which he just sits in. and only poos in wendyhouse a little bit its still earlier yet . What a good bun buns.Dont know if his wife will be has good willhave to wait . But our other bunny we had did sleep and eat and poo in the litter tray .

Back