• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what size hideouts to people have?

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
(the ones from the cardboard guy) i am tempted to get one for christmas but dont know what size i would need. I would want the hideour rather than the castle (just got to see if i could clear enough space in the room!

That castle is pretty cool!

But who is the cardboard guy?

I've got a load of boxes that stuff came in stuck together with holes cut into them and Flopsie loves them. I would love something that looked a bit neater to put in the living room, currently it looks like it would make a nice place to sleep for some homeless folk.

Drake and Josh ate theirs:lol: They loved it though! sat in it all day:love:

We had the large one, and it was plenty big enough:D
Jack x

I've asked for the hideout for Christmas (I will get largest)
But i have the castle and the buns do enjoy it ;)

going to work out dimensions at some point did it take up a lot of space?

Not Really.
Basically it is just like a large rectangular box, that is 2 stories tall. We had ours in the run, and we removed it at night as there was no space for it in the playhouse, but when we get the one for christmas, it can stay in the kennel.
Jack x

I've got one of those wooden dog kennels with the little varanda. Funny thing is they never use the kennel bit but absolutely love sitting on the roof part :D:lol:

what size bun is she? how sturdy is the castle one?

She's a mini lop the stairs collapse first. She's had it about four months and it is being replaced at Christmas so needs to last another few weeks. If you have bigger bunnies I would go for the cardboard guy one as it is much more sturdy.

ok thanks :) will probably get a CG one as teegs is a bit of a destruction derby :lol:

will look at getting the medium or the large depending on how much space i can clear then :D

thanks guys :D

Lea-Anne - i have wanted one of those for ages but they are sooo pricey! very cute though ;)

I got mine for £20 from a home store online. I didn't think that was too bad considering how much those castles are and they are only cardboard and I was going through so many of those willow wigwags :lol: Mine got it for Christmas last year and they still have it now ;)

Go to Argos, get a pack of five tea chest packing boxes for £20, cut a few holes in them and Bob's your Uncle! Much cheaper than the fancy castles and they're plain, beige boxes so they look fine indoors. They even supply packing tape to tape the ends of the boxes shut. They're really thick, sturdy boxes and it takes the buns AGES to chew through them.

have decided to see if they will like this kind of thing. went to tescos on the way back from dropping teegra off today and got 2 huge crisp boxes so going to make a hideout from them and see how much use it gets before deciding whether or not to get the cardboard guy one :D

I just get Frank a box from the supermarket and replace it every couple of weeks when he's wrecked it - they give them away free usually. Banana boxes are good as they are very sturdy and you don't usually have to take any sellotape off. He has a walkers crisp one at the moment, but he's eaten the bottom out of it. Luckily I just bought a duvet and it came in a perfect box.

Back