• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter training pooing everywhere!!!

mudchild

Warren Scout
Hi,
I have just got a new rescue bun for my bunny after he lost his friend and they have bonded so well.
The thing is, he is completley litter trained and if he ever does a poop on the floor he eats it whilst she is a complete nightmare pooping and weeing absolutley everywhere!!!
I have been training her exactly the same way as him for 2 weeks now but she seems oblivious! He learnt in about 2 days!!!
She is quite a funny character and seems a bit dappy!!
Has anyone got any tips on what may help!
Im desperate as they are free range with a dog crate for food and litter trays and I am coming home to poo everywhere! and I have a my friend moving in in two weeks and i told her they always use a litter tray!!
Thanks
:D

Hiya :)

Someone was in a very similar prob who posted today too. I would make her space smaller and perhaps buy a pen, only when she can use her loo would I extend her room. How old are these two? Are they spayed/neutered?

yeah maybe i should try doing that as i have to say at the moment i have only limited them to the lounge but elvis is dying to get back upstairs!
Elvis is about a year I think and neutured and dolly is about 3 and she has been done too.

Yes, the advice I have received is that they need to be confined to a smaller space for a week or so, so they can develop good box habbits. ESPECIALLY if they are in a completely new environment. Once you see she is not pooing everywhere in her pen, give her a little more room at a time.

Good luck!!

Back