• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Serious arguments

Lynne18

Warren Scout
For why hubby should let me have Pickles living in the kitchen/diner. He is so set against it. Due to many previously discussed reasons this little lad cannot be introduced to the group until next year. I hate the thought of him being on his tod for the next few months.:cry:

Edited to add he is living in the garage at the moment and coming in to play.

Maybe suggest a trial period, maybe he'll realise he was worrying over nothing?

It sounds like the bun would like some company :)

Perhaps you could both agree on one room he could have access to, and promise your hubby that there will be no presence of rabbit in any other room?

I'm only allowed to have buns in the 'bun room' and O/H throws a fit if they come into any of our living rooms....he is allergic to some types of animal fur tho', so I'll forgive him! :lol:

My boyfriend thought it was a crazy idea having house rabbits and that it would be unhygenic in a flat but I went ahead anyway. Thankfully he loves them now they are in. Maybe if you a trial period would help him see what great house pets they can be?

It's probably the wrong time of year for a trial period isnt it - too great a temperature difference between the house and the garage - or otherwise that would a be good suggestion.

What are his objections?

It's probably the wrong time of year for a trial period isnt it - too great a temperature difference between the house and the garage - or otherwise that would a be good suggestion.

What are his objections?

He was a free to good home bunny and had only ever lived at pet at home before being adopted by previous owner who had enough after only two weeks of him being in her house. I doubt he has much of a winter coat anyway and am unsure if it's too late to grow one now. I took him with the intention of getting him neutured as soon as possible and then bonding him with my group. He's now as far away from the other buns as possible after just his smell drove them crazy. :( I just don't like him stuck in the garage alone at nights when he is used to house hold noises.

I would push harder but hubby has already relented to 3 cats, two dogs, 7 rabbits in an outbuilding and 5 fish. This situation is a little crazy.:roll:

if hes neutered you could explain they are clean buns and they do like to be clean problem is if you do let him roam the he will mark his terriory and you will be picking up poos for while until hes settled in,

i have 4 house buns at the mo two are in my bedroom free range and are very very good but this does depend on the bun though, its a tough one a compromise on one room in a dog crate and only let him out while your hubbies out or at work this way you can clean up after him before he comes home,and he wont see any mess around the house and if hes neutered he wont smell provided you clean his tray out every day, i do worry a little bit too as he hasnt got his winter coat,

you do have to talk to your hubby though and see if you can compromise

you may have a prob then as he most likely will spray even when you walk past his cage and i dont think hubbie would be too pleased getting sprayed on if he walks past him

Non neutered males have a stronger smell than neutered ones. Neutered are generally cleaner than unneutered.

Our new girl has no winter coat but when she was here , we used to put her in her hutch in the garage with a small heater , but the both of the guys live happily together and she is gaining her winter coat.

Back