• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would you attempt this??

Squizz

Alpha Buck
:wave:
We may be having a mad 5 minutes :shock: but we are considering bonding:

a neutered male and female (who are currently bonded)

with...

a neutered male and soon to be spayed female (who are bonded) and her two baby boys (who will be neutered when they are old enough).

The two neutered males used to live together, but the bond broke down and we got them girlfriends (one of whom turned out to be pregnant, hence the babies)

Currently, if they get near each other when out for a run (one pair will be in their hutch) there is transferred aggression and chasing within the bonded pair - along with trying to get at the bun outside the hutch.

Would you ever attempt bonding all these rabbits together? We would wait until all the neuter/spaying is done. It would be easier to have them in one location and mean that they can have more playtime in the garden. Don't want a bloodbath though.

p.s - sorry for long post :oops:

I think if it was me i'd wait until everyone was neutered/spayed.

x

Oh yeah I definitely would wait. Just trying to plan ahead!

not sure if a group of 4 boys and 2 girls is a good combination for group dynamics. I know there is a history with some of the buns, but I wondered if the fact there were additional rabbits in the mix, they would overcome them!

I guess it will be one of those things I won't know until I try....

I really dont know.

I tried a 5 which has broken down to a 4, who still have there issues.

4boys and 2girls...could have problems between the males!

I would wait till all neutered/spayed and wait the given time for the males horomones to calm down and the females recover from the op.

Personally i couldnt, but then again people do have large groups....!

:)

In a word 'No'

I think that could be the voice of reason I need to hear! :)

It would be so nice to have them all together, but probably not fair to put them through the trauma of the bonding (for it not to work anyway).

Maybe need a plan b.

I really dont know.

I tried a 5 which has broken down to a 4, who still have there issues.

4boys and 2girls...could have problems between the males!

I would wait till all neutered/spayed and wait the given time for the males horomones to calm down and the females recover from the op.

Personally i couldnt, but then again people do have large groups....!

yeah I think you're right, thanks for the input!:)

It would be so nice to have them all together, but probably not fair to put them through the trauma of the bonding (for it not to work anyway).

Maybe need a plan b.

Pairs?
Trios?

:D

I have a bonded group of 5. They are family. (all speyed/neutered) Mama doe and her daughter and 3 of her sons.
Bonding them was easy, they seemed to know that they were family and we have never (touch wood) had any bother with them fighting or tousling etc, they all seem very close.
That said if any of them had had history with each other (hostile incidents that is) then I personally wouldnt risk it.
I have since tried another group bondand it was very hair raising and unsuccessful. Had this of been my first experience I must admit I would have never tried again.
I think one has to consider (as Jane kindly pointed out to me)
who are you doing the group bond for? Is it for the best for them or best for you?
I have considered this and my second group that I tried to bond that didnt work? Well I wouldnt try again. I am leaving my two girls in the happy partnership they are and hopefully bonding the two lone bunnies I have int a pair with each other. x

Maybe need a plan b.

Not necessarily the 'voice of reason' more the 'voice of a bonding coward' who prefers to keep her Buns in pairs :)

I have a bonded group of nine at my dads house living in a huge luxury complex who all get along amazingly well but having said that they are all females apart from one male (lucky boy!:love:) and i dont think they would ever accept another male...when we tried to introduce another male they didnt accept him....

i would personally neuter and allow al hormones to settle and send them to a professional bonder(ie a rescue who ahs done huhndreds successfully) and see how it goes if it doesn work out maybe 2 groups or 3 groups?

i would personally neuter and allow al hormones to settle and send them to a professional bonder(ie a rescue who ahs done huhndreds successfully) and see how it goes if it doesn work out maybe 2 groups or 3 groups?

They are in two groups at the moment, one pair and one four. Although once the boys hormones kick in I think we will have to separate the four ( but will cross that bridge when we come to it, will hopefully get them snipped in time).

It would be easier if they were in one group so that we didn't have to operate garden time on a shift basis! I just want them all to have as much running around time as possible!

Back