• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

question about my rabbit's poop habbits.

Zara

Mama Doe
one of my rabbits, Firefly, is very clean and tidy, I managed to litter train him last year, but whenever I bring him inside the house he never poops or wees, he can go hours without doing anything, but is quite happy to poop all the time outside. It's like he knows he's not supposed to poop inside but can rabbits hold their bladders? And if that's what he's doing (as odd as it sounds) can that be harmful? I do find it wierd :shock: I've never heard of a rabbit refusing to poo before

Hiya,

Yeah - my Hiro does the same thing when I get him out of his hutch onto the patio for fun time, he can run back into his hutch and use his toilet, it's so cute :D

I am not sure if it's harmful but I would say it would be uncomfortable. I would bring his toilet inside where he has easy access to it and can tell it's his, I wouldn't tidy it before hand either as he will want to sniff it to know it's his.

Yeah, I do bring his litter tray in and put it in the corner he used to poop in before he was trained (trained him to use it inside, he hates it being in his hutch, so i put it in the run when they're playing outside and in the kitchen when both rabbits are in) but he just ignores it, i'm trying to figure out how the heck to tell my rabbit that he can poo if he wants too :lol: and I've never told him off in the past for pooping or anything so it's not as if he's afraid of getting punished for it, I'm just oging to have to encourage him more by putting more of his droppings into the litter tray before bringing it inside to remind him it's there for a reason xD

I wonder if he's too respectful of my "territory" though, which isn't like him as he apparantly owns everything (he rubs his chin on everything he sees, he's developed a fetish for my shoes as he's always marking them xD and me come to think of it, he's always claiming me as his "pet" :lol:)

Back