• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It makes you feel like giving in sometimes

Lucy

Warren Veteran
Why are people so horrid?

I just took a call from a posh sounding lady who wanted rid of her 4 year old Netherland dwarf asap. She is aggressive, she said :roll:

I asked if she was neutered, she wasn't. I asked if she lived alone, she did.

I suggested the problem was easy enough to resolve but she wasn't the slightest bit interested. Not in anyway did she want to resolve this, she just wanted someone to take the problem off her hands.

I told her I would put her on the waiting list and all she wanted to know was where else was there she could get rid of her quicker?

I asked what the rush was if she'd had her for 4 years, and she said her daughter had accepted she had to go because she was aggressive and so she just wanted her gone.

Sometimes we hear a lot on this forum about 'scrubbbers' who dump pets etc, but it really does go across the whole financial and social board. if that person is an uncaring cow, then :roll:they are and thats it.

i totaly agree there is no class exempt for dumping animals wasnt there someone once who wanted rid of a cat i read somewhere as it didnt match the new carpet, i totaly understand the lack for human empathy when people like you who help animals sometimes there are genuine reason for rehomeing but alot are just excuses, i said to donna there is no way i could go to someones house to pick up an unwanted animal purely because they are fed up of it, id end up losing my rag, ive even now stopped biting my lip now when i see kids going "oooooooooooo it so cute i want that one" in pet shops i tell the parents they are hard work, i dont care if the shop owner goes snotty on me anymore

Sometimes we hear a lot on this forum about 'scrubbbers' who dump pets etc, but it really does go across the whole financial and social board. if that person is an uncaring cow, then :roll:they are and thats it.

Too true. If anything it seems the people who think they are posh are worse.

I have had more problem re-homeing small animals!, I am a falconer, people take one look at my job and goo OMG she is going to eat the animals, and i never even get as far as a homecheck :(
all my small animals, birds are well cared for and loved, and empty me out every month with food and vet bills, but sometimes people dont realise that birds of prey also have to eat small animals (not mine though!) and even though it isnt nice to think about its like all predators meat has to make up main diet, and with bop, the complete diet

(i did once offer to take on some mice, and they said are you going to feed them to th birds, i said if i was getting them to feed to the birds i would have taken more than 5, ok so that didnt go down to well lol but some people)

I managed to bite my tongue but it just made me feel very sad. That bunny had been kept outdoors for 4 years alone, and now they want rid because she is becoming a victim of her environment. How would they expect her to behave after years of solitude!

aww poor little girl! but its soo common for buns to be kept alone, and once the kids get bored of it thats it poor soul she is going to need some TLC

poor bun :( its ridiculous how they could keep that bun for four years...not really wanting it and then suddenly it has to go asap!?!

I have a 10yr old Nethie in rescue that his owner had had from being 6wks old and because he lost his partner (who was 4) she put him in rescue because her husband wanted to do the garden up. I have bitten my tongue up until today when she phoned to see how he was and her o/h was chirping in the background and then he came on the phone and was going on about making rabbit pie and I just flipped and called him a stupid selfish:censored:
who only thinks of himself and then she came back on and she got told that she was no better :evil:and I deal with selfish people day in day out.

i had two guinea pigs when i from when i was 14 till i was 16, although when i was 16 i didn't have much time for them, i always looked after them and all just didn't have much time to actually spend with them, but i came home from work to find my dad had given them to a pet shop to sell, i was gutted and disgusted :cry:

im not really ment to have too many buns in my house but my landlord turns a blind eye as he sees (well when hes round :lol:) that the hous eis clean and tidy, and he questioned the two in my living room that i was bonding and i said i was looking after them for a freind, and that i had lost one, i knew he wouldnt care and proceeded with the stew joke, people must think its old now surely as its not funny, i had to bite my lip though this time most of the time i laught it off "yes yes ha ha neard it before blah blah" then they shut up as they are trying to hit a nerve

It wasn't the rabbit pie bit that made me lose it really it was his stupid attitude:evil:

I have a 10yr old Nethie in rescue that his owner had had from being 6wks old and because he lost his partner (who was 4) she put him in rescue because her husband wanted to do the garden up. I have bitten my tongue up until today when she phoned to see how he was and her o/h was chirping in the background and then he came on the phone and was going on about making rabbit pie and I just flipped and called him a stupid selfish:censored:
who only thinks of himself and then she came back on and she got told that she was no better :evil:and I deal with selfish people day in day out.

how can you give up a ten year old bun youve had all that time :(:(

I guess in this case the rabbit was only brought to pacify the child in the first place :roll:

I took on two 5+year old buns this summer dumped into rescue because the 'child' ( now 16) no longer wanted them and the parent ( who had managed them for months) could no longer continue, as he had a posting overseas. The day the buns came into rescue, the child was tutting because she just wanted to go and was fed up waiting while the father tried to explain about the buns background ( basically they were fed when remembered and were aggressive :shock:). One of them was riddled with mites.:( The girl ended up stropping off and waiting in the car without even a backward glance or saying goodbye. Her pets for more than 5 years.

I was heart broken. These poor buns just discarded after all that time and heaven only knows what their existence had been like. :cry:The father did at least show some remorse and was uncomfortable, but is it any wonder they were aggressive? They never knew when the next meal was coming.:(. Thankfully they are now a picture of health with beautiful winter coats and the aggression has improved tenfold. It will take time, but I know they will not have to face anymore uncertainty and they will always have a secure and loving home for the rest of their lives.

Bunnies really do deserve so much more than the slack attitude shown by this woman,:evil: which is sadly replicated by thousands of other second rate human beings accross the land. Just hope that poor nethie finds a deserving home soon.

It wasn't the rabbit pie bit that made me lose it really it was his stupid attitude:evil:

I'd have told him with that attitude, if he'd been my husband, the rabbit would have stayed and he'd have been under the patio of the lovely newly landscaped garden. :twisted:

To be honest, I wouldn't want to take you on as I would feel guilty for all the floggings I would send your way :lol: Overworked and underpaid and all that :lol:

Back