• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What does it mean when a bun is stomping its feet?

Hiro usually does it before I feed him (usually when I'm busy feeding/clearing out Kiki's hutch first) I think it's a "hey!' kinda thing.

My last bun used to stamp when I got her out for a run as if to say "well, it's about time!!"

I think he's probably a bit cross Nat, or wanting attention!!! Seeing as it's probably Ben, I think he wants attention!!! One of mine, Starsky, does it when I take him to the vet in the carrier - he's definitely cross! Juniper does it when a random cat has taken to sitting on / by the run - attention please!!!! Think it just depends on the bun. :D

Flopsie only stamps his feet when he is spitting angry with me, he pulls a really angry face too, if he had eyebrows they'd be really angry looking lol.
I think I'm supposed to be scared. Do you think it irritates him more when he is trying to warn me off and all I can do is laugh at him? :lol:

Mine stomp when they're spooked by something, or when they're annoyed at you (e.g. Rocket after I've done his eye medication :roll: :lol:).

AMETHYST

Like said above, I'd say it either means they want attention, or are feeling a little irritable. :roll:

Well, now I know I shouldn't get worried when Morgan starts stamping at dinner time. I thought she was scared of the sound of the pellets moving around in the dish, but I guess it's just her making up for her lack of voice. She's sure is good at it!! :lol:

In the wild rabbits stamp their feet as a sign of danger. If they spot a predator they will stamp their feet and run for cover.

Frank usually does it when he's a bit uneasy about something. He doesn't do it often and in fact the only two times I've seen him do it are when the road sweeper was going past the front, making a hell of a racket and when a small and quite noisy aeroplane was flying over. He just sat there looking and me and going 'thump'. He could have ran behind his pallet in the yard, but he seemed to be confused because I was just sat there relaxed. Ahhh, bless him!

Boris doesn't do it very often,but when he does it's usually because something is creeping him out,it could be just about anything,in fact I don't always know exactly what it is that he thinks might be dangerous. It's a bit creepy when the house is all quiet and you realise the bunny has just heard something you didn't. :shock:
But he also does it to show that he's annoyed with me :lol:

Mine usally do it when i try and pick them up in the run to go back in (As if to say go away woman were busy!!!)
they do it when they hear a dog barking or if there annoyed with me

i was also wandering this ^.^ I find it strange that some of your buns rarely do it.

Kirby stamps ALL the time lol. He stomps when he runs around, he goes behind the sofa and will ALWAYS stomp twice, he stomps when im sitting with him and he circles me. He tries to stomp when hes on the sofa but then gets confused cos theres no noise lol.

I kno hes a bit sexually frustrated cos hes just hit pueberty and thats prob why he does it mostly but i think he just likes the sound cos he will binky like mad then run around the room and then stomp.

Hes due to be neutered in a few weeks maybe that will change everything. Though it doesnt anoy me his stomping, i just think hes a bit mental. ^.^

Oliver stomps in temper and grumpiness. Normaly when im in the cage as if to say "bog off mum, we pull the hay onto the floor for a reason and tip food out for a reason, clear off" :lol: Dreama and Simba never stomp.

awwww its just so cute tho XD "Looksie at me i is little bun bun being assertive"

i just feel bad for the people who live in the flat below us. :lol:

Yes primarily it's to warn other rabbits of danger, if a colony of wild bunnies are out grazing, their heads are low to the floor so a stamp from one of them alerts the others to danger.

Mine do it sometimes if there's strange noises, strong winds or something and Heather always does it when I put her back in the carrier after she's been on the table at the vets :lol:

One time I was fostering a french lop called Dave, he was in a 6ft happyhutch with run attached, so the hutch was 2ft above the floor. We had a visiting fox one night and Dave woke the entire neighbourhood up - a frenchie stamping in a wooden box was just like someone banging a giant drum :lol:

Yes primarily it's to warn other rabbits of danger, if a colony of wild bunnies are out grazing, their heads are low to the floor so a stamp from one of them alerts the others to danger.

Mine do it sometimes if there's strange noises, strong winds or something and Heather always does it when I put her back in the carrier after she's been on the table at the vets :lol:

One time I was fostering a french lop called Dave, he was in a 6ft happyhutch with run attached, so the hutch was 2ft above the floor. We had a visiting fox one night and Dave woke the entire neighbourhood up - a frenchie stamping in a wooden box was just like someone banging a giant drum :lol:

I thought that was lots of thumps in one go?

Back