• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Likelyness of bonding two males?

Currently both highly strung.
Love peoples arms, legs, faces :shock: anything.

Obv will wait for horomones to calm...:)

It's possible, but it was difficult for me to re-bond my two male rabbits (theyre brothers and they fell out before they got snipped) they get on but i darn't leave em alone with each other just in case.

It al depends on the rabbit's personalities though

It's possible, but it was difficult for me to re-bond my two male rabbits (theyre brothers and they fell out before they got snipped) they get on but i darn't leave em alone with each other just in case.

It al depends on the rabbit's personalities though

ah right, yes i have two males related who fell out before neutered but now are rebonded!

:)

Hmmm....if they are both highly strung it might be an issue!! Def best to wait until they are neutered. My two boys were very laid back, didn't even have much mounting when they bonded....it was almost an instant friendship! Have to say that although they were close, it wasn't the same as a male/female pairing. They were best friends but not lovey dovey with each other!

Hmmm....if they are both highly strung it might be an issue!! Def best to wait until they are neutered. My two boys were very laid back, didn't even have much mounting when they bonded....it was almost an instant friendship! Have to say that although they were close, it wasn't the same as a male/female pairing. They were best friends but not lovey dovey with each other!

Brill!
One is neutered.
Other maybe too young yet.

Im just thinking way into the future lol :D

Always good to think ahead! I'm thinking I want another male at some point to bond with Teddy now Thumper is gone....he doesn't seem to like the ladies :oops:

If you have both of them I'd give it a try (at least 2 months after neutering). I wouldn't deliberately get another male as partner though as odds are lower :)

If you have both of them I'd give it a try (at least 2 months after neutering). I wouldn't deliberately get another male as partner though as odds are lower :)

Yep i have them both.
Thats brill thanks!
Will start preparing myself now! :lol:

My boys get on fine. Joey, Flint, Alfie & Smirnoff are all unrelated. Flint is Top Bun, & Joey is Smirnoff's loyal partner. They get on better than some of the girls, but they have very different personalities - there's only One that is dominant:D

Completely dependant on the individuals. I have two boys who have lived together in a pair and as a trio with a single doe, met as adults & unrelated.

The original bonding was into a trio and it was the easiest bond ever considering I was adding a male to an established male:female pair. One of the boys had lived with another male previously and fallen out badly...they were not compatible in the end.

When I tried to bond them with another female whilst they lived as a pair that caused a fight between the boys. You will need to be very careful of referred aggression as you have a multi-rabbit household.

I have 2 unrelated giant bucks living together!

Had marble a giant papperloin buck nearly a year and got a flemish giant buck to be his friend.

They love each other very much

Marble is the dominant one and peppers very laid back even thoug he weighs 2kgs more!

SP_A0074.jpg

My Duncan and Frank love each other very much. Not related. I actually found bonding my two boys easier than bonding my two girls. I've bonded them all together now so I have a foursome.
027.jpg

Agree with most of what's been said - male / female pairings are usually the best but male / male pairings are definately possible - just depends on the individual personality of the rabbits. Good Luck!

Brillant thanks to everyone!
Thanks for piccies too!

I am def going to give it ago, but wont be for a good 7months.

Little Ben cant be neutered for another 3months, baby boy!

So....:love:

Back