• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do any of you have insurance for your bunnys?

ChloeLawless

Mama Doe
After the past couple of days I am seriously considering taking some out for Lily.

Have any of you got it and who are you with if so?

I don't because I read on here that rabbit insurance didn't cover some of the most common things :) That was a while ago now though

I have a savings account for my animals that I stick some money in each month, so I know I have the money there to spend on whatever the problem might be x

I don't because I read on here that rabbit insurance didn't cover some of the most common things :) That was a while ago now though

I have a savings account for my animals that I stick some money in each month, so I know I have the money there to spend on whatever the problem might be x

I do this too :)

I put money into savings each month too as I dont want to pay £9 a month for insurance that I may never need or it wont pay out for certain problems.

You have to be careful though, as Lily is poorly now she wouldn't be covered for the same illness again, or anything that may be attributed to it :/

As you didn't get her insured straight away you'd be better off having a vet fund now :) I quite like the idea of my bunny having his/her own bank account :D

I have insurance on all of my pets...with pet plan. It costs a lot for the bunnies, but unless you have a certain amount to put away each month , then it's definitely worth it. I've and three emergency vet cases within this year, one bill being 450, so it's worth it even with the number of buns I have as I would not be able to pay for the treatment otherwise :)

I've still had to pay hundreds....possibly into thousands on dental treadtment though as insurance doesn't cover that :oops:

My girls are both insured. Basically if you have healthy rabbits then it might be worth it. It usually isn't worth it if they have any preexisting conditions as these will be excluded from any insurance policy and any new conditions will often be linked to the old one.

mine are insured with petplan.. way i see it theres no NHS for pets if you work so insurance is very necessary as i cant save at all :oops:

I pay 24ish for three buns per month.

Its good to know that emergencies are covered. I have three very health buns at the minute but you never know what the future holds. Someone on here made the point that even if you have a bunny bank account, that you may have a spate of illness which leave the coffers bare.

I know buns are prone to teeth problems so I will consider opening a bank account in addition to the insurance, but insurances is a good starting point

I dont have my rabbits insured, i do have a credit card i use just for them only if i get a big bill though like Claudes was

MIne arnt. I have savings. Sods law if mine got ill it would be somthing not covered!

I know thats what I thought :lol: It just would be something thats not covered so I feel fine knowing I have money there to spend on whatever I like :lol:

Back