• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

update on Lily. I am still worried :(

ChloeLawless

Mama Doe
I hope I dont get shouted at for not putting this in health but I know a lot more people read this part of the forum.

I have fetched Lily back from the vets tonight and she has had some injections to get her guts going as the vet says, and has had to have xrays and we have some fiberplex to give her aswell.

The vet explained to us about her diet and how to improve it so we've gone and fetched her some timothy hay and some proper pellet food which I am going to introduce to her gradually.

Apparently at the vets she was ok and being quite into things and has eaten a lot of dandelion leaves.

We have been told to keep an eye on her and make sure she is pooing etc so thats what I am doing now. She has produced a few small, soft poos that aren't perfectly round but not raisen like either...and she is VERY quiet and isn't eating any leaves now or hay.

I have to take her back tomorrow and let them know that she has poo'd...do you think that the vet will allow the fact she has done poos as ok and let her be at home or keep her in again?

I really am worried and dont know what to do.
and I know it sounds terrible but its costing me so much money and having just moved house its getting me even more worried :(

I hope no one thinks I am bad for saying that...because obviously I do want Lily to get better and I hope to god she is better through the night.

Do you think the reason shes abit quiet is because she has been at the vets all day?

Poor Lily.

Well, whenever my Inky has to say at the vets after ops, he never eats there and is very quiet when he gets home. After a few hours though, he perks up because he feels happier and is back with Smokey.

Have you got her somewhere quiet? I would put her somewhere quiet in your house, perhaps make it a bit darker there too and try her on some of her favourite foods. Just leave them near her and she may tuck in when you have left her for a few minutes. My lot always like fresh hand picked grass or carrot tops if they're a bit poorly.

Lots of eating a pooing vibes

FC x

they just showed that she is a bit stodged up, her food isn't passing through as well as normal due to not enough fibre...but it isn't anything majorly serious..shes just had her 1st lot of fiberplex and has nibbled at some hay and done a fair few poos xx

they just showed that she is a bit stodged up, her food isn't passing through as well as normal due to not enough fibre...but it isn't anything majorly serious..shes just had her 1st lot of fiberplex and has nibbled at some hay and done a fair few poos xx

Thats good shes eating a bit and pooing x

Thats good shes eating a bit and pooing x

yes i thought that, her poos aren't perfect. they're a bit squishy but it isn't dioreah ( i cant spell :oops: but you catch my drift) and they aren't over sized or anything. they are almost round. theres a fair few in her litter tray.

I am hoping that through the night she will do a few more and i think i may even take them to the vets with me to show her.

I really dont want her to have to spend another day there :cry:

Thank you very much.

She has just flopped out on her side and lay down for a bit so she must be a little more comfy in her tummy now :)

ive got my fingers crossed and my eye on her :love:

shes been out and about, we've had a binky and shes followed me around abit. shes stretched out relaxing in her house now :)

x

Back