• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

heating shed for bunnies

Are you sure you can do it safely? Wood is flammable and the rabbits would chew right through the power cord.

I thought about this. Is the one you are getting wireless?

I could put one at the top of the kennel, then they would no-way be able to reach it.

Let me know how it goes:D
Jack x

the bunnies are in hutches.

im just going to use a panel heater i think from Argos, its by Challenge and its £35.

of course wood is flammable, but as is my house.

One day when I have more time and money I'd like to get a shed and some outdoor bunnies or piggies and I wouldn't heat it but I would insulate it well.

I dont know if underfloor heating could be an option?

Perhaps connected above a concrete floor with laminate on top?

One day when I have more time and money I'd like to get a shed and some outdoor bunnies or piggies and I wouldn't heat it but I would insulate it well.

Many people have said that underfloor heating isn't great as it can get quite hot and the buns can't get away from it :(

while an option this is extreamly expensive to do.... i would say just insulate welland put lots of bolt holes and cosy areas my 2 are ina hutch outdoors and have thick winter coats they have a hutch half full of hay to snuggle in and a tunnel and box to keepwarm in x

it will have to be heated as the bunny going in the shed is not used to outdoors... although aslong as we heat it she will be ok. im going to get a panel heater, and my dad is going to put down some flooring for it to sit on.

thanks.

I'd love to heat mine but haven't found anything suitable:cry:.

Those tubular greenhouse heaters look good for when it is frosty, but I don't have electricity in my sheds as they're at the bottom of the garden and the electrician quoted me something stupid to get elec down there.

I have solar lights that work great in the sheds - could do with some affordable solar panels to run a heater for when it drops below 1 degree.

Have you got electricity in your shed?

I used to heat my summerhouse with an oil filled radiator and a halogen heater but only because i had to move in winter it ment all my house rabbits and pigs had to go in there,I dont heat my shed now because they dont need it they have really thick coats and i use snugglesafes

I used to heat my summerhouse with an oil filled radiator and a halogen heater but only because i had to move in winter it ment all my house rabbits and pigs had to go in there,I dont heat my shed now because they dont need it they have really thick coats and i use snugglesafes

im going to get a snuggle safe for them, nush will need the heat.

thanks for that hun x

If its just keeping the frost off (rather than heating to be toastie) I'd go for a greenhouse heater mounted on a fire resistant board, and covered with a "cage" so the rabbits can't get anywhere near it.

I wish I had electricity in mine - I might get another quote, although it'd be for three sheds now.

If its just keeping the frost off (rather than heating to be toastie) I'd go for a greenhouse heater mounted on a fire resistant board, and covered with a "cage" so the rabbits can't get anywhere near it.

I wish I had electricity in mine - I might get another quote, although it'd be for three sheds now.

is that like that chip stuff that i can't think of the name of? it would be nowhere near where bunnies go anyway.

yeah its just to take the edge off. my bunny room is not very warm anyway!!

Back