• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

yayyyyyyy finaly got my nic cibes today after a lot of palaver

areia

Wise Old Thumper
my nearst b&q is ten mins drive away from me, so i rang them to check if they were in stock, they have 29 so loadsssssss got there hunted high and low could i find them, no ! so i asked one guy, who was absolutly usless didnt have a clue what i was on about i even did a drawing, then i asked if there was a customer service area to they could check for me, ok ok i didnt write down the code:roll: but he guy told "oh no we dont have internet here we cant check up on stock" ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:? okkkkkkkkkkkkkk

so i thought no im not leaveing this place until i get to the bottom of it, found another guy he just pointed in the place i had just looked and said sorry none here,its not my area of the store, "can you point me to someone who can help" shrugs shoulders, visions of head and wall were comeing to mind,and i losing me temper just a wee bit, what with all my pictures hands gestures showing wooden set up " its like this but metal" lots of shaking heads etc

so i go to the garden bit, and talk to a loverly guy who moaned at me for not takeing the code down :roll: but we had a banter, and joked about how not being psyhic, so he takes me to a lady who BINGO types in discription and says yes we have 29, backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk to the place we looked what a surprise none on the shelf some wicker baskets in the wrong place, we look up and right at the top tucked away are boxed up cubes waiting to be put on the shelf, i actually jumped up and down like a loon " there they are THERE THEY ARE" my partner slowly backs away he doesnt know me :lol::lol: and so off to the tills hugging my three boxes of cube set,

i just havent got a clue on what way to set them up now :oops:

...we look up and right at the top tucked away are boxed up cubes waiting to be put on the shelf, i actually jumped up and down like a loon " there they are THERE THEY ARE" my partner slowly backs away he doesnt know me :lol::lol: and so off to the tills hugging my three boxes of cube set,

:oops:

I'm afraid we need pictures of this whole sequence... :lol:

cant get a piccie in the store now, and i was actually only one box fella had the other two there blimin heavy im feeeeeeeeeeble:oops:

once ive set it up though i will put piccies up of that :D

Yeah, I had a similar experience at Bradford but not as bad as that.

They were on the top shelf and a guy had to go and get a stool. He got the box off the front of the shelf and i said but I want four boxes ... he couldn't reach so had to go and get a big wheely step ladder thing... I'm guessing from the silence he wasn't pleased :shock: (I didn't put them on the top shelf now, did I?)

Anyhows, I got 5 boxes because I couldn't bear going through the pain of it again if I every wanted anymore.:lol::lol:

I'm in the process of building a new NIC grid home to, bit baffled at the moment though :?

i would love a NIC cage but cant get hold of the squares (although i have got a load floating about somewhere. i have got 2 boxes of the metal ones and a couple of boxes of plastic ones which wouldnt really be suitable as ful time cage but would be ok temporary. i once made a huge lush run but had to dismantle it as it was in the living room never got round to taking it outside and cant now anyway as we have got artificial grass but might set it up again if i find the squares so teegs can spend a bit of time downstairs

wicks do them but the cheapest place by far is b&q i looked them up online then rang for availablity to save me running around, i got mine from yeading, london, look for a white guy with one arm shorter than the other hes was my angel bless him, thats if anyone goes there, they dont deliver them though im afraid pick up only, theres 26 in stock now :D

wicks do 9 squares which makes up 2 cubes for 18.99

where as b&q you get 24 squares 14in x 14in give or take a few mill as its done in mill on the box and thats £22.98,

you will also need to get cable ties which they sell in aldi

ive just started a new thread suggesting ideas bunny buddy theres a link to a thread with a few ideas on

Last edited:
my nearst b&q is ten mins drive away from me, so i rang them to check if they were in stock, they have 29 so loadsssssss got there hunted high and low could i find them, no ! so i asked one guy, who was absolutly usless didnt have a clue what i was on about i even did a drawing, then i asked if there was a customer service area to they could check for me, ok ok i didnt write down the code:roll: but he guy told "oh no we dont have internet here we cant check up on stock" ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:? okkkkkkkkkkkkkk

I had that exact same carry on when I went for mine last month.

I had a conversation with 3 blokes that worked in there that went along the lines of

Me "Do you sell mesh shelving?"
Man 1 "Nah"
Me "It's on the website"
Man 1 to Man 2 "Do we sell mesh shelving?"
Man 2 "Never heard of it"
Me "The website says this store has it in stock"
Man 1 "Really?" (As though I was lying!)
Man 1 "Lets have a look on the store stock system"
On way to Computer
Man 1 to Man 3 "Do we sell Mesh shelving?"
Man 3 "No"
Me "!"

Back