• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

*Update* SHE'S HOME! Lots of Vibes for Poppy please

Sarah86

Mama Doe
Hi Everyone,

Poppy is in Harrogate with Dr Harcourt-Brown, she's had a retrobulbar abscess for the past 3-4 weeks, the antibiotics haven't helped and she's developed a nasty ulcer on her eye so tomorrow she's having her eye removed. She's been a brave girl and has been eating (and pooping) plenty in the past week or two, I hope she will continue to do the same overnight even though she's away from home. It was awful coming home with an empty carrier, I miss her already :cry:

I know that people always say to take rabbits in pairs but she's been in the house without Charlie, although she has seen him most days, he's too boisterous and can be really funny about being away from home overnight- he usually stops eating. They will be reunited asap.

I will let you know how the op goes when I have spoken to the vet tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited:
Thanks Sarah, I feel awful

awwww huni, keep your chin up. if you need to talk, you know where i am.

make sure you keep busy today, keep your mind off worrying. she knows you'll be thinking about her, and she is in safe hands xxx

awwww huni, keep your chin up. if you need to talk, you know where i am.

make sure you keep busy today, keep your mind off worrying. she knows you'll be thinking about her, and she is in safe hands xxx

I didn't expect to be leaving her there so I think I'm a bit shocked, I thought I'd at least be bringing her home for tonight. I'm working from home today and but I think I'd rather be in the office x

I didn't expect to be leaving her there so I think I'm a bit shocked, I thought I'd at least be bringing her home for tonight. I'm working from home today and but I think I'd rather be in the office x

do't worry hun, shes in safe hands! she will be fine, she is a fighter!!

xxx

Sending loads of vibes.

She's with the very best but that never stops me worrying either! (Esme was with FHB 2 weeks ago).

Will be thinking of you tomorrow

Oh no Sarah I am really sorry to hear this. Sending huge huge vibes for the op.

PS Glad you managed to get an appointment at Harcourt-Browns x

Poppy is in one of the old school experts hands so please dont worry as she is in the best possible place.Sending speedy recovery vibes.Please let us know how she gets on?

Thinking of you and Poppy hon - I am sure she will be fine - it sounds awful having an eye out but little Gustav recovered really well from having his out and is living a normal happy life and I'm sure Poppy will too.

Keep your chin up hon and let us know how she gets on.x

I called this morning to see how she settled overnight, she ate lots and pooped lots so she is having the op this afternoon, it's reassuring to hear of others that have had their eye removed. I just worry about how she'll cope when recovering from the op. I can call at 4pm- but won't get home until 5.15- I will update asap.

Thanks for your kind words and thoughts.

Update

I've spoken to the vet nurse, she has informed me that Poppy looks settled, the op went fine, her eye has been removed and the wound packed and closed, she was eating some apple but she's not coming home until they are sure that she is eating properly so they can syringe feed her and give her pain relief if she needs it (why don't all vets do that!), so if she eats okay tonight she can come home tomorrow- knowing Poppy she will be home Friday or at the weekend- I can't wait to give her a cuddle! I fed her up before she went in as she'd lost weight so hopefully she's still got her apetite- she's been eating loads and loads of SS, I've had to order a new bag before I've even opened the bag of megazorb that came with it!

I'm calling tomorrow morning and will speak to Frances then so will post another update when I have more info.

Back