• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Poo

Vegan_Bunny

Warren Veteran
My bun is roughly about 2 months old he wll use his litter tray for peeing in but he poo's everywhere!

My OH is getting annoyed and is sick of standing in rabbit poo that i've overlooked :oops: I was just wondering how to get hm to use his litter tray for pooing.

Obviously he isn't neutered yet but i've heard it's easier to train them after they are neutered. Will he click to use the tray by himself?

It would be impossible for me to pick him up and place him in the tray EVERY time he poo's :shock: but i do go around picking up the poo and putting in his tray. He just looks at me as if i'm stupid for picking up his poo :roll:

Any advice on when and if he will learn?

you could try moving the litter tray to where the majority of the poos are-if thats feasible?

Otherwise picking up poos and putting them in the tray is the usual way I think. He's young yet so please be patient.

He is leaving poos to mark his territotory -bit like we put posters up in bedrooms:lol: You just have to keep reminding him he should poo in the tray by moving the poos. I personally wouldn't pick him up and put him in it.

I have a 10yr old bun who stopped usuing her litte tray because of a sore paw and would not use it even wen paw beter. Also she kept moving the tray sideways across the corner and I kept moving it back where it was thinking she didnt want to use the tray and was moving it out of the way. However ...when I left the tray sideways she started using it again!

_sue:wave:

does he have hay in his tray?

they like to eat as they poop (and they tend to poop when they eat :lol: ) so maybe making the tray his main source of hay (teegra gets all his hay in his litter tray and only does minimal pooping outside the tray) also when yuo clean the poops up instead of throwing them away put them into the tray, it can help him get the message :D

It is quite normal, your bunny is still very young. If you get him speyed it often helps with litter training.

I agree with the other comments though, they all worked for me :)

Good :) i don't mind running around after his bottom and picking up poo's. i always put them in the tray :) I just wanted to know that he WOULD eventually click on lol.

It's impossible to place the litter tray where he poops. He poo's EVERWHERE! lol. Plus if i moved it he would pee in that corner since that's his "wee place" hehe

He had constant hay in his tray and he does poo a bit in there but i think he enjoys pooing everywhere and making my OH stand in it hahaha.

My OH will just have to deal with it i think :)

Thankyou for all the advice it was all very helpful :)

Back