• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

HE is a SHE. (spaying?)

Just took my 8 month old Nethie to be neutered this morning and got a call an hour later saying that Mr Burrows is actually Mrs Burrows. :?
So she's gone in for a spay (remarkably cheap.. at £55)
I'm very worried. Please send vibes to my baby girl.
Can anyone give me more info on aftercare for spayed rabits? Is it roughly the same as neutering. I know it takes a little longer to heal and is more invasive surgery but I'm hoping all will be great.
Any advice is great thanks.

The bunny Frank used to live with (not together, facing each other in different hutches) before he came to live here has just gone from a girl to boy. :lol:

They took 'her' to be spayed and it turned out she had a pair of furry plums.

I'm sure she'll be okay.

Yes but my vet had checked and didn't say otherwise (she's quite a good bunny vet) 3 weeks later, different vet (not as fond of bunnies as the other) at the same practice confirmed my suspicions that Flopsie didn't have any plums and he thought the bunny was a girl.

I'm still hoping that they drop soon lol :)

I'm sure SHE will be fine :D I was a nervous wreck when my girlie went in for spaying but I was amazed at how quickly she came round. I'm sure you already know about getting them to eat as soon as possible and keeping an eye on pee and poop output. Clover didn't eat till next morning but drank a good amount of water the night of the op (when encouraged). I think the main thing that helped her get over things was the long-lasting painkiller and gut stimulant the vet prescribed. Make sure your rabbit has had pain medication and stimulant before taking her home. Good luck with nursing duties tonight!!!

Back