• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Jemima...U/D new pic with other buns

Tinsel

Wise Old Thumper
Many thanks to Anna (Squizz) for giving me this lovely Harley, baby to the RSPCA rabbit she adopted recently...

I've named her Jemima, and she's a very friendly girlie, with the right incentive...

Picture047.jpg

She's met Rainbow...

Picture034-1.jpg

Sleeps happily in the shed with the others and hangs out with them in the garden...but she also likes doing her own bunny thing...

Picture043.jpg

Will post some more pics soon but wanted to get some up asap....

Thanks again Anna for such a gorgeous bunny... :wave:

Last edited:
Jemima is in the centre/left near the front! :love:

Picture050-2.jpg

Also present: Shadow, Mulberry, Fairytale, Merlin and Hedgehog... :D

I am soooooooo happy she is in such a lovely place! I love that photo of all the rabbits - she looks so small compared to them!

Hehe yes...she was just noticed for the first time and I claimed that Jack's fur had changed colour in his moult and he's lost some weight... :oops:

wow how many are bonded in that group? :shock: i love seeing pics of a big group of buns all out grazing together :D (i think chloaster posted a similar picture of her 13 i think it was)

Wow! :love:

They look amazing together.

How on earth do you go about adding a new one to a group that size? Or do you just sneak them in and see if they notice :lol:

Thanks for the nice comments! :wave:

Well I put them in the guinea pig pen first (during the day) so they can get their bearings and the other rabbits can get to see them. Then after a day or so I let them have run of the garden and I watch them to make sure there's no squabbling. Generally there isn't because with that many bunnehs sharing a garden none can really feel that territorial about it, I guess. If all is going well I let them have a few nights in a hutch alone but with the others during the day, then I let them share the shed with the rest of the group, again monitoring for any sounds of thumping/scuffling.

So far fingers crossed it's worked... I think this is a good time of year to introduce new buns because they stick together in the shed for warmth. Plus they're all neutered except Baby Jemima...

No lawn mowers in sight..they fertilise as they trim as well :)

I have them trained to come in at night. :lol: Basically I go out there making as much noise as possible with the food bowl and they run into the shed. One pair sleeps in a hutch near the house though, and they wait nearby until the others are settled and then let me herd them in together. Even new bunnies, like Mulberry, pick up the routine quickly. Merlin is new-ish and he's always first in the shed out of all of them. :lol:

No lawn mowers in sight..they fertilise as they trim as well :)

I have them trained to come in at night. :lol: Basically I go out there making as much noise as possible with the food bowl and they run into the shed. One pair sleeps in a hutch near the house though, and they wait nearby until the others are settled and then let me herd them in together. Even new bunnies, like Mulberry, pick up the routine quickly. Merlin is new-ish and he's always first in the shed out of all of them. :lol:

I want to come and live with you! I have never seen buns living together - hard work I bet but so sweet!

I want to come and live with you! I have never seen buns living together - hard work I bet but so sweet!

Aw.. thank you! It's easier in the summer than the winter, that's for sure. And there's one "bun" who's more trouble than all the rest put together...

Picture028-3.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture098.jpg

Reckon there'll be volunteers if I put him on RIN? :shock:

Aww, shes lovely. I had a bun called Jemima when I was a little girl, until we found out she was a boy, then he became Jeremy:lol:

Tinsel I love the way you keep your buns,free how god intended them and I love your beautiful new harliquin girlie,Jemima:love::love::love::love:

Thank you! It's amazing the way they behave in a big group, eg they tend to do similar things at the same time. Often when they're out in early morning we'll notice them all sitting up and facing the same direction. Fingers crossed, they've been really healthy too, and I think the fact that they have so much grass and exercise must help with that.

Back