• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding related question

KateB

Mama Doe
Dill & Willow (brothers) decided to have another little spat at the end of last week :cry: - chasing and pulled fur only, but they were quite persistent about it (separated them for time outs, re-introducing over food, and eventually a car journey seemed to do the trick) :)

We started thinking and realised that this seems to happen at about 6 monthly intervals - they had a bad fall out :cry: (with scratches as well as pulled fur) in April, which we took 3 days to rebond them, and had a minor scrap about this time last year.

So we thought a bit more and realised that we have their myxi jabs in october & april.
Do you think there's a connection? :? Anybody else find their buns are more grumpy & aggressive in the couple of weeks post myxi vacc?

We don't think it's to do with the vet visit itself, as they've been in for other things, and had a dental earlier in the year, without any problems like this.

Confused of Leicester

im assuming both brothers are neutured?

it could be that they smell a bit different after being to the vets or the vets stressed them out a bit, but tbh i wouldnt have thought that could be the reason. hope they are okay xxxx

yep, both been de-plummed (they're Honeybunnies, and we all know Jill doesn't let them escape with plums intact...:lol:)

the weird bit is it's roughly a week after the vaccs that they kicked off (this time anyway, we haven't worked it out that carefully for the others, although we know the first time was between the myxi and vhd as we got the vet to check their scratches & have their vhd the same time)

they seem fine now, although a little confused about who is boss - they both demand grooming at the same time (which is quite comic!), and Willow (generally the more timid one) occasionally decides to be scared and run off for no reason.....:roll:

Hello
I have 2 boys and since being bonded, they have had 2 scraps. One was about a month ago and one last week.

Nothing too bad, but still upsetting.

mine haven't had any jabs in that time, but I did notice both times, they had eaten food with additives and possibly colouring.

The food was waggs bunny brunch and the other was a carrot shaped biscuit.

I'm not sayng that this was the cause, but I have thrown both of those items out and stuck to their regular food, hay and greens, and touch wood, no major scuffles. We still get regular bottom biting, but that's it.

I hope your boys will be o.k

My two girls were vaccinated two weeks ago and have been fighting more than usual :shock:

May be a coincidence

I think sometimes a change can do it? If I put mine into a new area or somebun smells of vets it can cause chasing

I think sometimes a change can do it? If I put mine into a new area or somebun smells of vets it can cause chasing

That's what's weird - same toys, same run, same hutch, same food. Both go to the vets together (and as I said there's a time lag). Only other thing is the clocks changing so their meals get shifted.

Maybe they're just a bit special :roll::lol:

Back