• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for my Jelly please!

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
Mum has just text me asking me to ring her re Jelly, last night jelly has a little bit of a runny bottom btu still ate food so mum upped her hay and hoped that would help. By this morning her poo was proper diahorrea, and only ate a little bit of breakfast.

bless my mum, she got her and peanut in a carrier n rushed them up to the vet, the vet felt her tummy and she has a blockage n she isnt drinking anything either so shes dehydrated. Mum insisted on peanut staying or she would pine for him! (i have taught her well)

Please send vibes for my beautiful girl,my mum is working the next two days, so shes had to leave her there for them to do the hourly feeding, which makes me feel awful because i would do it if i was home :(:(:(

I hope she will be okay, mum did everything she could so, im very proud of my mum

Oh no! Loads of vibes for lovely Jelly xxx

n its so horrible bcus i cnt be there to look after her, just phoned them and theyve taken her up to the hospital bit :(:(

but she is at spring lodge who we have changed to so i know they are the best, but im so worried. n she has to stay there bcus mum cant do the food, i feel so bad :(

n its so horrible bcus i cnt be there to look after her, just phoned them and theyve taken her up to the hospital bit :(:(

but she is at spring lodge who we have changed to so i know they are the best, but im so worried. n she has to stay there bcus mum cant do the food, i feel so bad :(

Aw at least she is getting the best possible care, they have great vets at spring lodge. Is it the syringing your mum can't do? Would it help if I went and showed her how? I could pop round a few times but couldn't do it every day as I am away a couple of nights this week?

Awwww, poor Jelly. Your mum sounds like she's been well trained to care for the bunnies in your absence and Jelly is in the best place. Hope she gets better soon. xx

if she needs to be syringed once she is home then maybe that would be good thank you, hopefully the vet will be able to show her but im hoping that once she comes home she wont need syringing.

Jelly is impossible to syringe, so the fact she is letting the vet do it shows how poorly she is.

could this be connected to having a VHD jab on saturday? shes had it every year since ive had her :?

I doubt it was related to the vhd unless she already was a bit ill and the vhd jab overloaded her immune system :? If there is anything I can do just let me know!

thats what i thought n when the vet checked her prior to her vhd she said jelly was the picture of health (and said how shiny she was lol)

thanks louise, its nice to know your close by in an emergency if u know what i mean, cus im so far away :(

i just want to cuddle her :(

thanks guys. im so upset, i feel bad that i cant visit her tonight she must be so scared :(

at least she has her boy with her. hes not in the same cage though, hes next to her bcus they need to monitor poop.

i so hope she will be okay, im sure she will as she was up there so quickly, but you never know do u :(

Your mum is a star for picking up the signs so quickly, she really does have every chance, there is nothing you could have done different if you were there. Jelly is a brave girl so try not to worry too much xx

i know, and i know if i was there we would have done the same, bcus last night she was still eating so i would have done what mum did, keep an eye on her and up her hay ammount, so i know it wouldnt make a difference, but its so hard :(

she'll be okay, shes Jelly..... nothing can happen to my Jelly!

(ps did u know there two pairs again)

Back