• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

introducing a fixed male

lyn5

New Kit
Hi. some friends of ours are moveing and cant take their rabbit. as he has been fixed they asked us to have him to go in with our 2 females ( mother and daughter). I washed them all,cleaned out the hutch and shed and as they all got on fine i put them in the shed and run together. but now 4 days in things arnt going well. both females chase the male, but not too much. but the daughter will chase and then attack mum untill she escapes. needless to say i have been keeping them separated by a fence and putting the male back and fore between them. they used to get on so well together. is there a way i can now get them to all live together or is this a loseing battle? please help! :?

Some people have suggested going for a drive with them in car. They develop a kind of "in this together" thing :)

Have the females been spayed as this is very likely reduced when hormones aren't an issue?

I don't have any experience on bonding but I would say that the females have established that area as their home and feel like he is invading. I would start all over from scratch if you want something more likely long-term. Perhaps even a new home for them all, but you'll probably need to start them off in a small place somewhere none of them have been before and plan to leave them together for around 3 days provided scrapping is to a minimum.

How long have you had the ladies? x

Some people have suggested going for a drive with them in car. They develop a kind of "in this together" thing :)

do you know someone mentioned that to me last week and i thought they were having me on :oops: said you should sit them in the back of the car and take them for a drive apparently it makes them snuggle up together and makes them bond :love:

I have had the mum since feb. when she was given to me by someone with a male and female. i refused the male. she soon had a large litter of babies and a kept one of the babies. i think mum knows when she has it good and loves the garden. they have always been together and were fine. the male is not actually doing anything wrong and trys to get on with both females. it seems to be the daughter that is causing all the trouble. i can try the car, but what about the nights. at the moment i have daughter in the hutch and other 2 have the run of the shed and another hutch. should i change this.

Back