• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi From Ginny The GIANT Rabbit

GinnyWin

New Kit
Hi :)
im the very pround owner of Ginny who is a British Giant Rabbit and she is quite famous around by us due to she raisies money for charity by going to craft fayres an also halloween parties. she loves all the fuss and attentsion she gets.
her site is: www.freewebs.com/ginnythegiantrabbit
but my mum found this site for advice on ginny getting spayed and the responces have been brill and very helpful.
so thanks guys for this site :)

Hello and welcome to RU. :wave:

Welcomebannerhon.jpg

Hiya :wave: Welcome to RU :) xXx

Just looked at Ginnys pics on her website, she looks like a conti with those big ears!! Had to cover Ronnies eyes, didnt want him getting any ideas :oops: xXx

hello and welcome i am glad you are getting her speyed. i would aslo say get her pannacurred to protect against ec especially as she is out and about a lot at different places... i guess the crate is just for her travelling adn when she arives she goes into a large pen so she has more room?! :)

hi :wave:
yes, please dont worry ginny has a MASSIVE cage which is about the biggest you can get (she's very happy to stay in this cage to sleep etc.) and then when she's at home she has the whole house to run around in or if it's day time, she goes out in her hutch :) so she's a very spoilt rabbit.
im not sure about the tecnical terms but she is all up to date with her vaxinations. I think that's what you mean?
+ when she goes on hols I either put a flea spot on (or like last time where they had chickens) mite spot on to cut down the risks of catching anything.
thanks for all the warm welcome so far :D

sounds like youre doing a great job with ginny! :D

panacur is a wormer, like when u worm dogs n cats n basically it helps prevent a parasite situation, if shes moving about alot n going to diff places i would recommend panacuring a few times a year, its easy enough u just pop some of the stuff on food n they gobble it down, but it makes it alot safer for ginny to be out and about

p.s she is looovely

ooo thanks for that info! :D i will ask about that next time i go to my vets :) i dont let her out of her cage or let any dogs go near her cage when she's on show but when she comes on hols with us (noone is really suitable to look after her while we're away + she loves coming along) im always weary of these things. thank you :)

Ginny is gorgeous - just seen the money you have raised together - well doen and a big nose rub for Ginny!!

glad to hear she has large accomodation and plenty of space :) sound slike you are happy with her and she with you : she is gorgeous! xxx

ooo thanks for that info! :D i will ask about that next time i go to my vets :) i dont let her out of her cage or let any dogs go near her cage when she's on show but when she comes on hols with us (noone is really suitable to look after her while we're away + she loves coming along) im always weary of these things. thank you :)

tbh i think its like 50% of rabbits have it anyway but it lies dormant, but stress and other factors can bring it out, so its best to panacur anyway.

I have four, n one had a suspected case last year and now all four are done just incase :D:wave:

Back