• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

i need some urgent advice..i am really worried.. UPDATE...back from emergancy.

ChloeLawless

Mama Doe
Lily has suddenly become very uncomfortable looking, and is pretty much continuously lifting her bum up as if shes having a wee, we have just checked her over and her bum is soaked in wee and she is very subdued and not herself at all :( she was absolutely fine this morning before work. she is eating and drinking fine but she deffinately isn't right. I am SO worried, I am going to ring the vets in the morning but I need some reasurance or an idea of what it could be :( she really dosen't seem herself and is refusing to come out of her hutch which isn't normal at all :(

please help :(

Last edited:
If it was one of mine I would call the vet now, rabbits can go downhill so quickly I personally wouldn't be able to wait until the morning. I hope she will be ok x

I honestly have no idea hun, sorry :(

When Beau was wetting his legs it was cleared up with a course of panacur, but he never seemed to be in pain or anything and if she seems frightened to come out of her hutch I would think she is maybe in pain? Im only really guessing at that though :oops:

Last edited:
its ok thank you anyway :)
we have just looked at her and she is alert enough.

i dont even think the vets are there at the moment, i duno if the voicemail will put me in touch with an emergancy number, even if it was just to ask some advice :(

Oh no :( Poor Lily. If her back end is wet i would defo get her to the vets :( Melbournes in cannock is open i think, if not its Wolvo for emergency vets i believe :( If you need any help getting there im free this evening :) Keep us updated xXx

EDT - I know someone had this problem recently with one of their buns, think it turned out to be a water infection :? Cant remember who it was tho. Hopefully Jane will be along soon xXx

Last edited:
thank you becky i am just trying to call melbourne. if not ill have to call wolvo but i duno where it is :(

i am so worried now :(

:( Hopefully they may be able to advise you over the phone :? Its good thats shes eating/drinking, its just the wet bottom that sounds concerning :( xXx

Awww hun you must be worried sick :/

Hope you can get it sorted out. Is she eating and pooing ok?

Sounds like cystitis to me, our girl had exactly the same symptoms i.e lifting her bum up and looking uncomfortable. The wee on her bum was as a result of her doing it in the litter tray and consequently getting her bum wet.
What colour is her wee by the way? As a potential temporary fix Yarrow is meant to help.
Best to get her checked at the vets though, IIRC ours was given a course of Baytril, and something else I can't remember to sort it.

she is eating and drinking yes.

shes just straining a lot and has soaked bum :(

im just waiting to speak to becky about coming with me to wolvo as an emergancy..i cant just wait now til the morning..im too worried

I agree with others that it sounds like cystitis, def get her to a vet tonight as it will be really painful.

Hope they get her sorted quickly :wave:

Back