• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hey, I'm new

Hey I'm Becca,

I'm 13 years old and I love rabbits!! I have 3 and my girl rabbit may be pregnant, if she is she will be due around 13th November.

My rabbits are:

Dippy who is a gorgeous little lionhead
Fluffball who is a beautiful little lionhead girl
and
Benjamin who is a young lionhead cross dwarf cross mini rex (My boy Dippy is his daddy!)

I will post pictures later :p

I also love acting, singing and talking!

Bye for now Becca :wave:

Welcomebannerhon.jpg

Hello and welcome to the forum. :wave:

Yes they have been seperated for ages, I am saving up to get Dippy neutered so far I have £48 :D

Nice one :thumb: is Dippy the only male? I assume you are planning on this being the last litter and the kits going to other homes?

Sorry for all the questions, but would your mum/dad not pay for a neuter? x

well done for saving up for the neuter. when youcome to rehome the babies if you can (or your parents can) get them neutered adn vaccinated(expensive i know) then they would never get used for breeding in the future. i think if you can then make up a care sheet on bunys setting out what they need such as spcae...6x3x2ft hutch attatched to a 6x6ft run.... annnual vhd vaccs and 6 monthly myxi vaccs pannacur 9day courses through year and 80% hay diet! put about how speying/neutering prevents uterine cancer (85% of unspeyed females die from it) and often eases aggression. put allabout how they are prey animals and dont like being picked up and the use of rear gaurd in the summer to protect against flystirke. do a home check or get your parents too to make sure the rabbit accomodation is up to standered and that it genuinly is a loving home try and draaw up a contract adn put a price on the buns say £20 rather than free to good home as this will stop anyone getting free snake food(sorry but occasionally it does happen) you could put the babies on rabbits in need...rabbit rehome and on find a furry which are all respectable areas wherer you are likely to get a better home.
be aware that the babies shouldnt leave mum till 8 weeks and that they must be seperated into sexes by 12 weeks so that mum or sisters dont become pregnant! :) hope this helps and isnt seen as a lecture! welcome to the forum xxx:wave::)

Hi Becca, welcome to RU. :wave:

Well done on saving up for Dippy's neuter, do you have much more to go? That is an amazing sum to save up - my almost 13 yr old daughter could learn a lot from you. :lol:

Thanks for the welcome guys,

When the babies are 6 weeks they will be sexed, seperated and weaned.

My mum and dad won't pay for the neuter because they are MY rabbits! I don't mind though. I love them :love:

I do have another buck and when he is 4 months I will get him neutered as well :)

Yes this is the last litter, if I get anymore buns I'm going to get them from a shelter but I really want to foster as well.

I have made an adoption question sheet and I will be going to the persons house/ garden to see if the bunny will have a good home. If for any reason the bun needs to be returned I am willing to look after it and find it another home.

Hope that answers all the questions, think it does.
Bye for now
Becca x

I really admire you for saving up and paying for your rabbits yourself - what a great thing to do.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the welcome guys,

When the babies are 6 weeks they will be sexed, seperated and weaned.

My mum and dad won't pay for the neuter because they are MY rabbits! I don't mind though. I love them :love:

I do have another buck and when he is 4 months I will get him neutered as well :)

Yes this is the last litter, if I get anymore buns I'm going to get them from a shelter but I really want to foster as well.

I have made an adoption question sheet and I will be going to the persons house/ garden to see if the bunny will have a good home. If for any reason the bun needs to be returned I am willing to look after it and find it another home.

Hope that answers all the questions, think it does.
Bye for now
Becca x

all this sounds great except the 6 weeks bit all the bunnys need to stay with mum till 8 or 9weeks minimum before leaving so they have a full immune system! xxx :)

Back