• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why do people put buns on freecycle?!? Tamworth area. Bunnies have head tilt :o(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
Just looking through freecycle... when you go to the home page the following is stated...

'The Tamworth Freecycle™ group is open to all who want to "recycle" that special something rather than throw it away. Whether it's a chair, a fax machine, piano or an old door, feel free to post it'

So why do people list bunnies on there :cry:

Listed on there just today is several hamsters and 2 nethie male bunnies :cry: Makes me so mad and i really cant take anymore. God knows what will happen to them.

Sorry for rant as i know freecycle is half decent for other things but i dont agree with any animals being listed :censored:

xXx

Last edited:
Its so sad. People think they can 'dispose' of them whenever they like. We ought to have to have some sort of licence to keep animals i think :(

Have PMed Liz. Have emailed the person myself and gave them a link to this site... not sure if that was a good idea or not :?

Don't start me off or I'll have another rant like earlier :lol:

In answer to your question; because they are scum? because they are stupid? because they are thick?

I think that covers it :lol:

Don't start me off or I'll have another rant like earlier :lol:
In answer to your question; because they are scum? because they are stupid? because they are thick?

I think that covers it :lol:

:lol: I was just starting to relax after washing up after tea etc then dan asks me to go on freecycle to put some speakers on for a pc or summat, then i saw the poor bunnies :( Id take them but then they'll go and get some more no doubt :( Theyre probably the wrong colour or size :roll:

Grrr!! *pulls hair out* ive sent them a nice email telling them about rehoming on here etc so hopefully they'll listen :roll: I could go get them of course but what would be the point in that, esp leaving cages there :roll: :?

Update

As said above i emailed the lady suggesting she comes on here (hope she doesnt see this thread but still :?) The bunnies have head tilt so she cant breed from them :cry: If anyone lives near and can help... theyre on tamworth freecycle :( xXx

Update

As said above i emailed the lady suggesting she comes on here (hope she doesnt see this thread but still :?) The bunnies have head tilt so she cant breed from them :cry: If anyone lives near and can help... theyre on tamworth freecycle :( xXx

I could take them if they can be got here.

I could take them if they can be got here.

I'm not sure head tilt bunnnies would cope well with a long bunny run. Who ever takes these in will need to get them vet treatment asap. They may just have ear infections or it could be e.c. or worse. Either way they need to be sorted before the move too far :)

I'm not sure head tilt bunnnies would cope well with a long bunny run. Who ever takes these in will need to get them vet treatment asap. They may just have ear infections or it could be e.c. or worse. Either way they need to be sorted before the move too far :)

Thats fine.

Just so people involved know, in the long run, they could come here :)

Heres the reply i got...

Hi,

You are more than welcome to come & take them off my hands, thanks for the website tip I will look into it.

The brown one is an ex stud buck & was rehomed by a friend of a friend but their kids got bored after a year so I had him back but as I don't breed in this colour I don't really have the room for him, hes in the way really.

The grey one is from a previous litter I had. Hes a 'head tilt' rabbit. He developed a condition called wry neck - he is ok now although his head tilts. He is in no pain & is perfectly healthy otherwise.

None of them are neutered & we don't feel the need for vaccinating so that hasn't been done either. Vaccinating is a waste of money, i would not worry about it.

Ange

So its only the 1 poorly bun by the sounds of it... the other is just the wrong colour :(

I'd take them but im not in any financial situation tbh :( I do have the space as Ronnies shed is empty for the time being but id never be able to afford the vets trip and i know nothing about head tilt bunnies :? I could do a part journey once the bunnies were ok... and i could possibly have them temp :?

I'd take them but im not in any financial situation tbh :( I do have the space as Ronnies shed is empty for the time being but id never be able to afford the vets trip and i know nothing about head tilt bunnies :? I could do a part journey once the bunnies were ok... and i could possibly have them temp :?

Could you take them just so they are out of her talons:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back