• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

argh so frustrated!

getlaced

Alpha Buck
i realy wanna try using newspaper 2 line my hutches and insulate them, maybe use shredded paper along with straw in my outdoor hutches BUT can i hell get hold of any! we dont buy newspapers realy and i dont know any1 who does, the free ones wouldnt even line my bloomin knicker drawer and none of the recycling plant places will help me! they wont let me take any paper away 'thats just not how its done' so they would apparantle let it go 2 waste.............im annoyed, whys it such a big deal?! what do other ppl do?

Have you tried contacting local trust companies, banks pretty much any office actually? :lol: Most companies like this, especially large ones will get many copies of the FT each day which is a massive news paper :)

I buy our local paper each day, but rarely use them in the hutches or litter trays only for making toys so mine last with my four buns x

I work for an Estate Agent and the local papers bring our adverts to us... so I get loads there, plus the guys in the office buy a paper every day.... could you not contact some local Agents?

I put a post on freecycle a while back and now i have a few people who collect them for me :) I also have a lady who works for the local newspaper who brings me loads of the left overs :) Its worth putting a local ad up in a shop or online or whatever as some people are willing to help :) xXx

helllllo! :wave: the news guardian man drops me off spares for my bunnys and my niegbhours keep theres for me too - I could see if they can drop me off some extras for you, if you want?

or you could try lino? I have the top level of my nic cubes lined with an offcut of lino and it means it can easily be shaken out and washed down!
I shall ask him when he comes over :D

yeh iv got sum lino 4 that reason in the outdoor hutches, i wanna shred the paper 2 use with their bedding straw 4 extra warmth, also 4 the litter trays

i use cardboard to line the hutches with especially in the winter-think it gives a bit more warmth than newspaper. i collect the cardboard from my office but i'm sure if you went to local shops they'd be happy to offload some cardboard. have even got some from asda in the past..........the guy couldn't understand why i wanted flattened cardboard boxes but this was exactly what i wanted............

Back