• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ramps

Hello

Can someone please tell me how to make some ramps for the boys!!

i.e best wood to use and if I need to cover it with carpet tiles or anything.

Thanks

I haven't bothered with a ramp for a 1.2ft shelf in Flopsie's cage and he just jumps it.

How high is the shelf?

Take a fairly thick piece of wood (at least 1cm thick) and cut it to the right width. Cut it as long as you can so that it still fits so that the gradiant is as gentle as possible. Then cut lots of small pieces of wood and lay them sideways across the ramp and tack/nail them on. For fixing the ramp to the hutch I recommend using a hinge so that you can lift up the bottom and clean underneath it.

Hello

Thanks Guys -

We haven't put any shelves up yet as we are just adding things to the shed as we go. Eric is quite territorial, so introducng things slowly for the moment.
I just wasn't sure if I needed any particular wood for safety if they chewed it. I have some small pieces of wood to put across, so 'll just make sure it's wide enough.

Another job for tonight!!:lol::lol::lol:

Back