• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

toys for giant rabbits

Loula

Mama Doe
i've been struggling to find tunnels and tents big enough for my big mamma Bella. can anyone recommend anything to keep her entertained. she's got cardboard boxes she likes to explore but finding things big enough for her are a nightmare! she loves going through tunnels and hiding under things but all rabbit tunnels are just too small!

Just an idea butwhy don't you contact someone who makes hammocks and sleeping things for small animals and see if they would be willing to make an extra large tunnel for you. Alot of people make their own toys etc and also sell them so have a look around for people selling these things. There are alot of people on the rat forum who make things for other animals too not just rats :)

i think i will be investing in the tent! i bought the top tunnel but she climbed through it, and ended up wearing it as a belt and getting it stuck round her middle!it was funny to see but she didn't look too impressed.

i think i will be investing in the tent! i bought the top tunnel but she climbed through it, and ended up wearing it as a belt and getting it stuck round her middle!it was funny to see but she didn't look too impressed.

:lol::lol::lol: :oops:

We are too having the same problem, Ronnie is still young but cant fit through the standard rabbit tunnels :( All the normal sized buns love the tubes/tunnels so the giant bunnies must be missing out on the fun of those :? Ronnie generally just has a cardboard box to throw around the lounge :roll: if you find anything half decent let me know :D xXx

For our giants we go to the local golf shop and get the boxes that the golfing trolleys come in. Buns have great fun - you can arrange them into connecting tunnels - make windows/doors in them and stack them.

Best of all - they are free!

Here are Florence and Kitty as babies (and Nellie) with a couple of them.
fk3.jpg

And Florence, Elvis, Nellie, Kitty and Poppet.
0013.jpg

Maria x

Last edited:
i went and collected the tunnel playhouse thing from woolies, and i haven't seen Bella now since i set it up!it's absolutely huge!!!!it's in three parts, so it can be changed round in different shapes, or have them all seperately. she seems quite intrigued by it all. i'll post pics when i find my camera.
so far it seems to be a winner.i'd definately recommend. i'm tempted to go get another one to make it even bigger for her. who needs a living room anyway... :lol: though i'm sure my oh wont agree when he see's it!

Last edited:
I have found that looking for dog items rather than bunny items often turns up good sized tunnels, although my giant is quite small and I can mostly get away with cat items and ikea is good for those!

Back