• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have tried everything!!!!

dinklepip

Alpha Buck
I have tried loads of different things for Cookie and Bella to play with that I can chuck in their hutches to keep em happy (they have 4 now the lucky buns :lol:).

Cardboard boxes, toilet rolls, purchased toys, bits of wood.......and still I can't find anything that really takes their interest for any length of time.

Anyone have any other suggestions???????

the food balls, you fill them up with treats, and let bun roll them around, not sure of their name, but Charlie loves his

Have you tried tunnels? I think they are great!

Bunnies don't play with toys like dogs and cats. So I've found flopsie doesn't really play with things, he likes hiding and eating.

I'm going to get some plastic skittles when I find some, Flopsie likes pushing things over with his nose :D

My bunnies dont like to play with many toys but the ones they do like are their treat ball, carrot filled logs, tunnel and a kids plastic step which they like to sit on and under.

Have you tried tunnels? I think they are great!

Bunnies don't play with toys like dogs and cats. So I've found flopsie doesn't really play with things, he likes hiding and eating.

I'm going to get some plastic skittles when I find some, Flopsie likes pushing things over with his nose :D

hiya, tunnels? What are they made of, do their fair well out in the bad weather in their run?

Think I will try one of those treat balls thanks

I put small boxes of raisins/saltanas once or twice a week...,I open both ends and leave them to eat their way through the box to get to the goodies!!!:wave:

i vary the treats each week ive found toys do get played with after a while i had a carrot wood roll in the cage they didnt start playing with for about four weeks, doc will only start to play with his toys once hes spent two weeks chinning it to death :lol:

don't they eat the tunnels? :lol::lol::lol:

Depends I guess on if your bunnies are naughty nibblers :D
Some of the tunnels you can buy a meant to be nibbled, I buy Flopsie a Hay and Hide so he'll nibble that instead of the carpets :D

can they eat raisins or sultanas?? the box of them sounds like fun but i wasnt aware they could eat them?:?

oooo ill need to try that then honey likes to pull things out of boxes so she would like some raisins in there wee boxes!! what type do u buy?

errrrm I get a bag of mixed nuts and raisins for me when I do my weekly shop from Sainsburys so I just pick em out of there

Hello:wave:
not seen you for a while now the boot sales have finishes
Try asking anyone with an apple tree for some branches..aslong as unsprayed..most buns love apple wood:D

hiya, tunnels? What are they made of, do their fair well out in the bad weather in their run?

Think I will try one of those treat balls thanks

i have found these tunnels are the best (and weatherproof, dont believe the chew prrof though as mine looks like it has been grated :lol: although it did take them ages and it is still going strong after a year or so

http://www.deemillen.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=77_112&products_id=515

they alson do purple ones made by a different company :D (think i will get a couple of purple ones as they go better in the room than green :lol:

http://www.deemillen.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=77_112&products_id=582

my buns have also loved the treat balls and those jingly balls you can get, quite often hear them being pushed around. i also have a treat thingy which is weighted with holes round it so they have to push it over and treats fall out soemtimes i just fill it with hay though anf they like that too :D the carrot wood roll things went down well too and believe it or not one of teegra's fave toys used to be one of those plastic slinkies (those spring things that walk downstairs) he used to pick it up and throw it about :lol:

Last edited:
Back