• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Me and bunnies

SarahP

Wise Old Thumper
Firstly, thanks so much for all the lovely messages. They've been a huge comfort to me, as I'm taking the death of Dusty really hard. :cry: The fact that I've been looking after her (and Clover before her) for so long has left a huge gap in my life, and the house seems incredibly empty (if tidier! :lol:), even with all the other furry critters in it.

I've decided to take a break from bunnies (not sure how long), as I need to be able to make a decision with my head rather than my heart about them. At the moment I just want my bunnies back. :(

It kind of feels the end of an era really, as I joined here the day I got the bunnies in March 2006. I'm sure I'll still be around, but I do need to try to resist looking at bunnies needing homes for the time being! :p

:cry: Awwww Sarah you must feel so sad, I remember how empty the house felt after Sooty passed away last year...it took 3 months before I was ready for another cat and I know you've had a particularly traumatic time with Clover and Dusty so I don't blame you for needing a while to decide when to have more bunnies. I'm sure you'll make the right decision if/when the time seems right xxx

Thanks. x

I feel like I've had a bit of a baptism of fire into the world of bunnies! :roll::lol:

I feel like I've had a bit of a baptism of fire into the world of bunnies! :roll::lol:

You have but Dusty and Clover will have taught you so much and maybe one-day that knowledge can be used to help other Buns :)

Dermot says thank-you for telling us about the Peppermint Tea to help poorly-tummy Bunnies.
Colonel Colin is grateful too as he had a nasty tummy ache this morning but is feeing better after some warm Peppermint Tea

:)

Last edited:
Aww... thanks! :oops:

V glad to hear that the peppermint tea is helping. :) I discovered it out of desperation one evening after Clover not having responded to the usual methods/medicines for hours. Had her pooing and eating again within half an hour! :D

From a selfish point of view, I'd like my next bunnies to have guts of steel! :p

I totally understand. You just need some time to think straight after all the stress of constantly ill bunnies :(

You'll know if and when the time is right in the future for more buns.

Really hope you'll still be around on the forum - we need you! ;)

Back