• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm so sorry....

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
another bonding question. ok to cut the long story short before i found this wondeful website i decide to put my two unspayed females together all went well for two weeks till petal attacked ted leaving her to get stitches. My darlings are now both spayed and my husband is adamant that they'll never get along as when petal smells ted she goes nuts and tries to bite me. the other problem is i now have no nutural ground in my house has it's very small so i don't know where to do it, i had thought of waiting till i get their mansion outside and putting them both into it for the first time? the other thing i was thinking was would a male(nutuered ofcourse) maybe help calm the situation? i'm really worried about it and don't want ted to get hurt again. i don't know if bunnies can have personality classes but petal is very dependant on me and follows me every where but ted is very independant and is not fussed whether she gets petted or not (much to her disgust when i cuddle and kiss her :lol:), any advice or opinions would be grateful as i don't want to make the same mistake again :oops:

another bonding question. ok to cut the long story short before i found this wondeful website i decide to put my two unspayed females together all went well for two weeks till petal attacked ted leaving her to get stitches. My darlings are now both spayed and my husband is adamant that they'll never get along as when petal smells ted she goes nuts and tries to bite me. the other problem is i now have no nutural ground in my house has it's very small so i don't know where to do it, i had thought of waiting till i get their mansion outside and putting them both into it for the first time? the other thing i was thinking was would a male(nutuered ofcourse) maybe help calm the situation? i'm really worried about it and don't want ted to get hurt again. i don't know if bunnies can have personality classes but petal is very dependant on me and follows me every where but ted is very independant and is not fussed whether she gets petted or not (much to her disgust when i cuddle and kiss her :lol:), any advice or opinions would be grateful as i don't want to make the same mistake again :oops:

firstly once they have fought it is harder to bond again tho not impossible but you will have an upwards battle. create a neutral area in kitchen or bathroom somewhere with a solid floor. buy wilkos white vinegar spray 99p and wipe down the walls and floor and whything going into the area this includes food bowls and water bowls and toys. once done the area should be around 4ft sq max really as you want a smaller space to begin with. put food piles down to distrace buns in the area. have thick gloves to hand. if its been over 4weeks since speying both then i would re try in the neutral created space. you may need to mash banana on head or apple puree to get them to initially lick each toher adn i would start off with a car ride only about 15mins tops really just put both into carrier and drive usually most bunnys will not fight...ensure you have neutralised carrier also. they "bond" in fear this is only temperary but might start tehm off in the right way. then put them into the bonding area. watch them and thier reactions fur pulling nipping and chasing as you know are normal but if they lock on then seperate within the area... or squirt with water to seperate dont remove from area(unless have to) as this will mean starting all over again. some people bond in the bath but it depends on the buns.x

okay, well i suppose i could use the kitchen (it's tiled) petal knows how to walk on it but ted doesn't. i put them in the bath the first time. it was really strange cos they got on great for the first two weeks then i went out on the sat morning to find teds leg ripped. :roll:well i need to give ted another couple of weeks to let her hormones settle.will give the car ride a go to. thanks :wave:

okay, well i suppose i could use the kitchen (it's tiled) petal knows how to walk on it but ted doesn't. i put them in the bath the first time. it was really strange cos they got on great for the first two weeks then i went out on the sat morning to find teds leg ripped. :roll:well i need to give ted another couple of weeks to let her hormones settle.will give the car ride a go to. thanks :wave:

keep us updated. i would ensure any old wounds are also helaed and get both a full health check before hand as bunnys can smell a sickly or weak bunny and will attack often so its always best to ensure in 100% good health too. if there is a erscue local to you(i dont know of any in n.ireland sorry) then they might be ble to give it a go for you? if it doesnt work out then you may need to split them and get each a partner of their own letting them pick a partner..a male female combi is easiest to bond... but it depneds on the bunys! x

yeah theres only one rescue centre and it's 50miles away and husband said i'd only be worried about them and constantly ringing so would be easier to do them at home, the extra bunny thing i really don't think husband will want lol. just can't risk getting ted hurt again. husband want me to keep them seperate but i said it wasn't fair and everyone likes their own company. :roll: yeah i was maybe thinking of doing it the two weeks i'm off at christmas, means they'll have my surpervision 24/7. see ted was orginialy meant to be a boy but it didn't turn out that way lol.

Back