• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hutch with lift off roof????

Bea & Floss

Mama Doe
;)Hi has anyone seen a hutch that has a lift off roof instead of an opening door i don't know if you can buy them or if i will have to get it made!! thanks

The 6x2x2 that comes from Millbrook RSPCA in Chobham has a hinged roof. If you wanted it to lift off totally you could just remove the hinges and add hasp and staples to both sides instead. £95 for T and G.

thanks, i'll have a look at those! the roof doesn't have to come off completely just lift up for cleaning out etc. it is for 2 blind piggies, i thought a lift up roof would be better so they cant fall out!!:)

both my happy hutch and cumfy pets (albany pets) hutch both have hinged roofs although I don't use them and can't reach on my double 5ft, so I screw them down.

I think albanypets on ebay also does nice sized hutches with lift of roofs.

Please do make sure that the roof is securely bolted down though - both to prevent a fox lifting it, and I have also known of someone whose hutch roof got ripped off blew away in heavy winds :shock:

Back