• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Individual: Female mini rex looking for home - Norwich

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf distantimages

Physical Description
Temperament At The Present Time Quite Aggresive
Age 2 we belive (got her from a breeder)
Sex female
Breed Mini Rex
Neuter Status no
Vaccination Status no
Health Excellent
Type of home wanted experianced rabbit owner that Has Loads Of Her To Spend With Her
Location Norwich
Reason for rehoming
I Cannot Cope With Her Aggression Anymore And I Think She'd Be Better Off With Someone That Can Help Her Change This

Pictures Will Be Added In The Next Few Days

Thank you

if she was from a breeder have you checked the breeder doesnt want her returned? i know a lot of dog breeders and the mini rex breeder i got skyla from take back any unwanted animals theyhave bred.
i third the neutering too :D

I fourth the neutering, but dont think this is much as an option anymore.
Hope she finds the home she deserves! :)

Why isn't this bun spayed or vaccinated?!
It's most probably her hormones causing her to be aggressive, and she is also a year away from the risk of cervical cancer.

Im shocked you have been talking about geting another 2 rabbits from a rescue and the rabbit you do have is not netured or vaxaniated.

WHy dont you have her netured so her hormones die down and will be less aggressive.

amber.jpg

amber2.jpg

please tell me if u cant see them

I havent seen any other posts you may have made re this bun, but if her agression cuuld be "cured" would you want to keep her? Having her nuetered really would help calm her down. At presnt your bun is feeling very frustrated & all that pent out frustration has to come out somewhere & unfortunately its directed at you. I have a black & white dutch who'd had a terrible start in life & ive had many a bite from her because she was very nervous about being handled & stroked. In time I learnt how to touch her without scaring her & Ive now got a very loving little bun who lets me pick her up & I can touch her all over without being bitten. Have your bun spayed & in time you could have a loving little bun of your own

every keeps telling me thats the right thing to do it probly is but i just dont think i can deal with her anymore.im always worried shes going to attack me,thats why i think its best she can go to someone and have a fresh start

Why don't you at least get her neutered to help the new owner and then at least they will only have vaccinations to pay for:D

I would have to agree with the neutering, mine is similar, and will come up and nip me if I've done something she dislikes, I have her booked in for three weeks time, pay day (its 85 pounds for her). Ive only had her two weeks so I am putting some of it down to new surroundings and a culture shock.

Why not get her neutered and give her another two months for the hormones to calm down. then re-assess the situation. If you have dealt with her for this long another two months will make no difference. You may (most probably) find that she is a totally different bun, and I know I would be really disappointed with myself if I had not tried everything before giving a rabbit up.

I know it is really difficult to deal with a bun who's behaviour is unpredicatable. You be come nervous, which makes the rabbit nervous, she bites then your even more nervous when you go in again. It horrid.

good luck anyways

every keeps telling me thats the right thing to do it probly is but i just dont think i can deal with her anymore.im always worried shes going to attack me,thats why i think its best she can go to someone and have a fresh start

I dont think you should give up on her :( She is an absolutely gorgeous bunny. She just needs to be neutered and needs to learn to trust you by the sounds of it. Do you sit on the floor with her? Im guessing shes kept in a cage and you just go in and try and grab her?? She just needs time and love :( If your willing to pay to get her neutered, get her booked in asap! The turn around may suprise you :? xXx

Back