• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone else's rabbit not like the new SS?

Inimical Me

Wise Old Thumper
I notice SS has changed... and now Fidget doesn't like it! She'll eat a little bit of it, but she always leaves some and is nowhere near as enthusiastic about it as she used to be (I often nearly lost a finger at feeding time!). I was really worried and thought she was off her food, but she's going through as much hay as ever so I was just wondering if anyone else had a rabbit who isn't so keen on SS anymore?

Mine are still going crazy for it - chasing each other round while I'm putting it in their bowls - but they have been having this bag a few months so it may have changed since I got it.

There's no difference, I checked with my contact at Supreme and it's still made to the very same recipe, so you shouldn't have a problem

Really? It seems.... lighter in colour and more brittle? I didn't think it was a recent change as I've had a massive bag for ages now that has taken a while to get through as I've cut her back on her food (she was getting podgy). Oh well, she'll eat it, but she leaves bits and I'm not at risk of losing a finger when dishing it up :lol:. She's still eating everything else she can get hold of though, so no worries!

How old is your current bag? I seem to recall that there were some issues a while ago where they had been extruded into more dense nuggets, and after lots of complaints they put the spec back to how it had been originally...maybe you got a bag from one of those batches - they've got quite a long shelf life so maybe it was a bag that had been lurking for a while.

The texture seems to change quite often...which is a pain as Poppy is very fussy and tend to go off it if every time it changes :roll:

How old is your current bag? I seem to recall that there were some issues a while ago where they had been extruded into more dense nuggets, and after lots of complaints they put the spec back to how it had been originally...maybe you got a bag from one of those batches - they've got quite a long shelf life so maybe it was a bag that had been lurking for a while.

I'm not sure, I'll check. The old bag was the darker, more crumbly sort, and this bag is lighter in colour and less crumbly... I know it does vary, and the bag may well be quite old, I've never in my life seen anyone else buying it in 3 years I've been going to my food supplies store :lol:. I know I'm just been paranoid that she leaves bits of it, even though it does get eaten! I was obsessively watching her and feeding her different things for days just to make sure she was eating ok :roll::oops::lol:.

The last 2 bags I've bought, the latest being last week, have both been much lighter in colour. The rabbits don't seem to have noticed though :D

Back