• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits indoors.

DDD

Mama Doe
My rabbits are now indoors for the evening as the fireworks have started already. They are in their crate, with the door open, and haven't budged. Then when I leave the room and shut the crate I feel really mean for shutting them in!!
Rabbits - who'd have em??!!

I'm sure they'll get used to it hon and venture out somewhen. Maybe put some food in their bowl outside their run to encourage them - my two are still outside, I was planning on moving them when we have our fireworks night next week but my neighbours down the road have already started theirs tonight.. I think the buns might be used to the noise by then...

I have mine in the outhouse. neither seem bothered by the fireworks, its more for my own piece of mind. they have been bonding inside since thursday night(windows open, so Ive been freezing), so I thought it would be a nice step before going into the hutch/run, as it is always a few degrees warmer in their than it is outside.

My lot are in the hall at the moment at night. It's fairly cool and it's pretty much rabbit proof. They have the dog crate, which they spend a lot of time in, munching hay but they do wander about too. They love playing 'lets escape into the lounge before anyone closes the door':lol:.

I always put a blanket over the top of the crate, they seem to relax more then.

Back