• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

are ''snugglesafes'' safe?.

:wave: hiya i have 2 house bunnys and no heating in their room. We heat the house with oil filled radiators, but have to switch them off when wr out.

So thinking of gettin 2 snugglesafes for them, but they would be left unsupervised with them...

is there any chance of burns from them?.

and what is the cover like? (is it nibbleable:lol:)

Thanks Bex. x

Yes, the cover is nibbleable. Ours got destroyed within days.

They're only ever (slightly) scolding hot for a minute or so after coming out of the microwave. After that I can keep my hand pressed against the plastic with no problems.

Yes, the cover is nibbleable. Ours got destroyed within days.

They're only ever (slightly) scolding hot for a minute or so after coming out of the microwave. After that I can keep my hand pressed against the plastic with no problems.

Agree with this. I put the snugglesafe with the cover underneath their bedding, and they haven't found it.

I've obviously got much more well behaved bunnies than you Jeremy, none of mine have ever nibbled the snugglesafe.

They are purpose-made to be left with small furries and as Jeremy says they aren't too hot to hold so I'm sure they'd be fine :)

thanks for the replies, my shauny is a def nibbler (of everything:roll:)

umm trying to think what i could put it in that he couldnt nibble, or would it be ok to take the cover off after its cooled a bit?

p.s is it like an ice pod? (when the covers off).
x

mine don't nibble theirs so i think it would be fine, just check them each time you go to put them in microwave and keep an eye out for small holes or nibbles.

Mine Popped!

Then when I emailed the company, they said it was my own fault, so wern't going to refund!

Jack x

Agree with Jeremy :) Theyre not 'boiling' hot, theyre just luke warm sort of thing :? :) I would reccommend them :) I have them for both my own buns and Lucy supplies them for foster buns, ive not yet had a cover chewed (hope i havent spoke too soon!) xXx

Well I heat mine at the correct temp or prob a bit less cuz my microwave is quite old and it has warped slightly :?

They really :censored: me off!
It keps the buns really warm, etc. But when I picked it up from the microwave...it popped!:censored:

Jack x

So did my eight bunnnies! They each have a pad and I had to make 8 new covers from vetbed :roll:

:lol: Buns are so naughty, guess what happened to mine after that???
My dear OH decided to clean bunny out, and scooped the pad up and threw it away in the paper and straw :roll::censored: :lol:

Mine have nibbled the cover once but they soon got bored and never had any issues with it since. The only real danger is if you 1. overheat it or 2. leave it with an immobile animal who cannot move away if they feel uncomfortable.

:lol: Buns are so naughty, guess what happened to mine after that???
My dear OH decided to clean bunny out, and scooped the pad up and threw it away in the paper and straw :roll::censored: :lol:

I nearly did that too :oops: but I realised and fished it out just in time.

Back